Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Visual Voicemail on Other Carriers

Default Visual Voicemail on Other Carriers
    Hey guys,
    I posted this on the 'Other Carriers' forum but I thought it might be more appropriate here.

I am using an iPhone on the Optus network (Australia).

I was having a look through the Optus website today and saw that they have a Voicemail Direct option that looks a bit like Visual Voicemail.

When you enable it (for $3.50 p/m), it allows you to download a Voicemail Direct application for some Nokia 68XX phones.

There's a guide there on the Optus website, and when you click on it, a manual for Symbian Visual Voicemail is pulled up. In that, there is instructions on how to set the server etc for visual voicemail.

So there has to be a setting somewhere in the iPhone's system files to define the visual voicemail server right? If we can find that, and match it up with the Optus one, it should work?

It would be cool to figure out. The implementation can't be that dissimilar to the Symbian one?

I just don't have the know-how to do it or even look into it :S
    ---

Pazzle
    iPhone on Optus (Australia)

Symbians a completely different system to the 'watered down' so to speak version of osx.

I wouldnt go for that if im honest because its unlikely itll ever make it. imo