Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bypass Sonicwall Virus

Default Bypass Sonicwall Virus
    I have a 1.0.2 iPhone, and my school wifi is protected by the Sonic Wall Virus software. So, when I'm connected to my school's wifi, I get a "Please Install Sonic Wall Firewall" whenever I try to access any websites.

Is there a way to bypass this? Someone else with an iPhone at my school just got his out of the box, and it doesn't get the sonic wall message.

hi felix...
    didn't think you would actually go asking but apparently you did.

some more information i found out:
    sonic wall appears on a ipod touch my friend has as well so its not just ur iphone.

for everyone else, i'm that someone he mentioned.
    both iphones are unlocked, running ver 1.0.2.
    unlocking methods may be different (they're both bought unlocked)
    the config on both iphones are identical.

BTW, the sonic wall firewall/virus-scan requires any computer to have a client software installed for internet access.

allan..that post explains neither how sonic wall works on your iPhone nor how to get it to work.

It's most likely impossible, if it requires a 3rd party client application to run. There's no way you could get something running on your iphone that would act as that.
    Thanks,
    Matt

I thought it was impossible too, until I saw this kid go on Google on my school network with his iPhone.

He said that he didn't do anything to it, and he got it like that out of the box (unlocked).

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

hmm I have a sonic wall firewall set up on my office network, no problems connecting the iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5h00p3r_MAN View Post
    allan..that post explains neither how sonic wall works on your iPhone nor how to get it to work.
    Ask your IT support at the school? It'll be a lot easier than trying to find a sneaky way to access the network

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    hmm I have a sonic wall firewall set up on my office network, no problems connecting the iphone
    Really? Is it the type of firewall which requires every computer to have SonicWall installed?

The only difference between my iPhone and the iPhone which works on my network is that his was unlocked in Hong Kong through an unknown method (and came with the dock customized), and mine is unlocked with AnySim.

And asking the IT guy is not a smart idea. I'm not suppose to know the WiFi password..

Well, to find the password on wifi you can do the following:
    Get your notebook with wifi ready.
    Install and run the wifi Sniffer.
    If the wifi is password protected using WEP key, it will take you only 3-5 minutes for the sniffer to get the password.
    if the wifi is password protected using WAP key, then we have trouble (trying to find application which can sniff this - now still stuck).
    if the wifi is password protected with Radius authentication, we are deadlocked - nothing can be done.
    hope you can try that method above.
    Thx. Buang

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

oh lol yeah find the p/w I of course have the passwords for my office lol

Oh, sorry...you guys must have misunderstood me.

I'm not SUPPOSED to know the password, but I do. So, I can't ask my school's IT guy to help me get internet on my iPhone, because then I would have to explain how I got the password.

Get a data plan on your iphone and use edge?

8GB 3G iPhone

• Universal-Sim 5.5 Unlock
    • 2.1 Pwned with Pwnage Tool

ive had extensive work with sonic walls, if your school has anyone half way decent theres no way youre getting in

dude ive had extensive work with sonic walls

if the guy who set it up is half way decent there is no way youre getting in
    Last edited by Tweakin; 11-29-2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well, actually, I'm going to try something on Monday.

Apparently, Mac OSX laptops work on my school network, so I don't actually need the Sonic Wall Firewall. And I'm pretty sure I can install the OS X firewall on my iPhone.