Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: M68AP.PLIST file format changed in 1.1.2 (Springboard Icon Layout Control File)

Exclamation M68AP.PLIST file format changed in 1.1.2 (Springboard Icon Layout Control File)
    The M68AP.PLIST file format has changed in the new 1.1.2 firmware. It is no longer an XML Document. I haven't tried modding the new file, I just replaced it with a copy of the old XML version and restarted and it seems to be working fine. I have attached the default XML version for anyone who has already upgraded. If you have modded your M68AP.PLIST file, make sure that you back it up before upgrading. I made this mistake and now I have to re-arrange my icons to my liking.

Upload to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

P.S. It's easier to use an XML editor or the native WINSCP text editor to modify this file than Windows Notepad.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pcguysam For This Useful Post:

topke (12-14-2007)

Glad I haven't upgraded yet. 1.1.1. is working perfectly fine for me.

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Glad I haven't upgraded yet. 1.1.1. is working perfectly fine for me.

Reako
    So far, I think that 1.1.2 is better. If for nothing else, the new ease of custom ringtones. I was starting to have issues with Springboard crashing in 1.1.1 when I was using the phone or browsing contacts. That hasn't been happening to me in 1.1.2 so far. I am in the process of installing and testing apps. So far, so good.

Can you upload the original 1.1.2 file?

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Can you upload the original 1.1.2 file?
    Sure, Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The file is just in binary plist format. That is actually normal for the iPhone.

Some programs and processes change the format to text format but even in 1.0.2 the file was originally in binary format.

I need the original m68AP file for 1.1.1 because I messed mine up without making a backup (because I'm an idiot). Could someone upload it for me? Or possibly post it's contents so I can copy and paste? My phone thinks it's an ipod and I have no springboard lol.

Go here to convert the binary file to XML.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to aahandagr8 For This Useful Post:

rianbattle (05-16-2008)