+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does anyone know the answer to this question????

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Does anyone on this site know where in WINSCP the location for the sounds for the SMS text messaging? Since we got the 7 or so new sounds that are
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Does anyone know the answer to this question????
    Does anyone on this site know where in WINSCP the location for the sounds for the SMS text messaging?

Since we got the 7 or so new sounds that are for sms messages, ive been trying to find where they are located so i can add extra sounds for text messaging, and since you cant use your customize sms sounds anymore, i want to add more sounds to the ACTUAL sms text sounds.

CAN ANYONE HELP?? I been looking on WINSCP for this file for a long time now with no luck

Thanks

Why can't you change via Customize? I see the option in mine, under 1.1.1 firmware. All the way towards the bottom, in system sounds, and then at the bottom of that .. it says SMS Received Sound. Shouldn't the sound files then be in the Customize folder, in private/var/root/Library/Customize/ blah blah?

Thanks

ya the option is there, but since the new 1.1.1 update, you have to use one of the 7 or so that is under SETTINGS/SOUNDS/ SMS SOUNDS

Im not sure why but these seem to override the customize sounds

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes! I am having this same problem. I change my SMS in Customize but the iPhone still plays the default sounds.