Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize the home button double tapp.

Default Customize the home button double tapp.
    I was wondering wether anyone has managed to modify which app opens when the home button is double tapped - this would be very useful for keeping the 'desktop' clean as you could set it to launch Launcher.

I have had a look around in the settings & preferences but could only find a small piece "doubletap://com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer" in com.apple.springboard.plist - couldn't really figure out the changes I needed to make.

Thanks,

Al.

PS. Does anybody know how to add the Apple Apps into 'Laucher' - Launcher also doesn't list Installer on my phone.

Your in the wrong forum area...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

That'd be the file you need to change, yes. To find the identifier for the app you want it open (the com.wtvr part), simply navigate to the app folder of the app you want it to launch, and open up the info.plist file there. You will see the identifier there. Replace it in Springboard plist like you showed, restart and test.

Great mod! Let me know how it goes...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

alexblanchard2 (11-08-2007)

Well I just gave it a shot, but all I have is MS-Word. It messes up the original formatting when I re-save the file, which might be why it doesn't work. If anyone knows of a good windows editor that can decipher the .plist properly, and also save it back, I'll give it another go. It didn't seem to work though. Hopefully there is some other editor I can use. Though I personally don't want to change it, I don't mind being a guinea pig for others.

Quote Originally Posted by denyle View Post
    Well I just gave it a shot, but all I have is MS-Word. It messes up the original formatting when I re-save the file, which might be why it doesn't work. If anyone knows of a good windows editor that can decipher the .plist properly, and also save it back, I'll give it another go. It didn't seem to work though. Hopefully there is some other editor I can use. Though I personally don't want to change it, I don't mind being a guinea pig for others.
    Notepad doesn't work for you? If not, Wordpad should, and if neither of those you can definitely use Notepad2 (google it)

I can open the file, and I can also edit it. I've tried Notepad and MS-Word so far. The problem is though, when I re-save it, it doesn't save properly. It looks like it changes things up a bit, in comparison to the original file. This could possibly be why it isn't working for me. Just curious if there is anything that will retain the original formatting, and everything original, just modifying the section that I modify.

_ &/Applications/MobileCal.app/alarm.aiff _ systemld Phone_ ,doubletap://com.sadun.XLaunch¡ Ø!"#$%&'( ) + -.

Still no go. =\. I'll keep trying.
    Last edited by dictionary; 11-08-2007 at 12:20 AM.

hmm, no - still can't get it to work - any of the experts on here had a look?

- really useful feature if this could be implemented into an app.

Thanks, and sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

- also, hate to criticise but is their any chance you can change the time formatting on this forum to something like '22 Minutes Ago' instead of listing the post time - I in England you see, and I like to follow quite a few threads on here - I get confused.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    You can edit .plist and .string with Wordpad. If its encrypted, you can convert it the XML with this website : http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi

Edit the file then save it. You don't need to convert it back.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Destructo For This Useful Post:

alexblanchard2 (11-08-2007)

Thank You, it worked - I used the conversion URL on the com.apple.springboard.plist and changed the doubletap://com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer to doubletap://com.nullriver.iphone.Launcher.

Now works perfectly and I can declutter my springboard a little.

Back to my origional question about whether anyone knows how to change the programs that appear in Launcher?

Thanks for the help, my first 'hack' that I semi-figured-out by myself.

i dont know how to configure launcher,
    but there is a launcher that is customizable..
    its called "mylauncher" i believe..

theres a source on this site for it somewhere..
    i installed it on 1.1.1 but i didnt keep it long enough to test out fully..

you just edit a text file with mobilefinder to get a customized launcher
    ill get back to you if i can find the source.

anyone else know what im talking about?

Shucks, you beat me to it Alex, lol. You should post this up, as kind of a tutorial of how to. Tons of people have been asking about this, so you're certain to be a semi iPhone iCon to a bunch, lol

nice - I would expect nothing less than a shrine erecting on the home page page for my efforts however.

Joking aside, I really don't think I would be the person to be giving any tips on such things, have you got it working now dictionary?

Haven't gotten mine up and running, unfortunately. Not quite sure why she refuses to work for me. Where are you placing your new file? Can you give me the full path? Though I'm quite sure I have the right one, even with the modded file, it still seems to not want to work for me. *sigh* .. oh well, was worth a shot.

Other than that though, if you're in an application, and listening to music, does the double tap still bring up the iPod controls?

yes, it only changes the setting from either ipod/home/phone to the program you replace it with.

The file is: "com.apple.springboard.plist" and it is located in "\var\root\Library\Preferences"

I saved it to my desktop from iPhoneBrowser.exe, converted it using "http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi" (backing up the origional as well) - then I opened the new file in notepad and changed the " ... doubletap://com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer ... " to my " ... doubletap://com.nullriver.iphone.Launcher ..." (without the ...s).

I have only tried this with launcher as it is really the only app I wanted it to work for.

Hope this helps, and like I said before - I am far from being an expert - lucky on this occasion possibly.

-Al.
    Last edited by alexblanchard2; 11-08-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexblanchard2 View Post
    nice - I would expect nothing less than a shrine erecting on the home page page for my efforts however.

Joking aside, I really don't think I would be the person to be giving any tips on such things, have you got it working now dictionary?
    ? How did you manage to repeat that, after all this time? lol

very cool! Mad props to you!

sorry dictionary - i just expect allot from my followers.

ha, anyway - I can comfirm (not that anyone asked in the first place) that itunes backs-up the setting so you will not have to apply this 'hack' each time you restore (i'm sure we all around here are well familiar with that big button by now). - so basically back-up -

in "com.apple.springboard.plist" i cannot find "doubletap://com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer" i converted it here "http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi" i can find "com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer" but without the "doubletap://" is that the right file, its "\var\root\Library\Preferences\com.apple.springboa rd.plist" right? im on 1.1.1 and double tap does work on my phone, im not particularly bad at stuff like this, can u post a copy of ur "com.apple.springboard.plist" file maybe
    Last edited by rasbill; 11-09-2007 at 06:59 PM. Reason: wanted to add more

Yeah, someone else PM'd me saying the same. I have attatched my file (the part you need to change is line 28 (about 1/3 down in the file) when opened in notepad (obviously this depends on how large your notepad window is).

Also if you look through the file you can also change many other settings on the phone.

NOTE: I wouldn't advise simply replacing you file with mine - I havn't fully examined/understood it so it might overwrite some important settings on your phone.

ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thank you i got this to work the trick was to add...

"<key>SBDoubleTapURL</key>
    <string>doubletap://com.nullriver.iphone.Launcher</string>"

right after ...

"<key>SBDeviceLockBlocked</key>
    <false/>"

works great thanks alot ! its a good thing u had that inside your file to find, it wasnt even inside mine had to add it, odd but whateva works for me
    Last edited by rasbill; 11-11-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast