+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize the home button double tapp.

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
guys, is it possible doing it on a iPhone with 1.02 firmware? thx ....
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

guys, is it possible doing it on a iPhone with 1.02 firmware? thx ....

Green Apple
    Thanks

that would require a whole lot of more code I think, unless for some reason Apple had already planted the double tap in the firmware but had simply disabled it until a future update???

I am on 1.1.1 so cannot check sorry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I use my own set of headphones that doesn't have the button to control music. Is there a way that the home button can be modded to skip to the next song like the headset button?

This would be handy when the iphone is in the pocket and I want to go to the next song!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GQ78 View Post
    I use my own set of headphones that doesn't have the button to control music. Is there a way that the home button can be modded to skip to the next song like the headset button?

This would be handy when the iphone is in the pocket and I want to go to the next song!
    I assume then that you're just going to press the home button through your pants? If not, what's the point? If you take the phone out of your pocket to double click, then you may as well just double click and bring it up on the screen, lol.

I don't think there is a way though. Well, there probably IS, but .. it's more more detailed than this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah, allot more complex (well over my head (I'm 5ft 6")), also the home button isn't that easy to access in your pocket either, and the phone is usually facing inwards I would have thought (as I do to protect the screen).

You are right though it would be nice to have some sort of control of the phone whist in your pocket.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just got used to being able to control my ipod without looking at it while it was in my jacket pocket. I'd like to do the same with the iphone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone shaiss's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone tried this on 1.1.2 yet?
    I did it succesfully on 1.1.1 but wont work on 1.1.2

First of all when I try to dekrypt the original com.apple.SpringBoard.plist with http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi I get "The file format of com.apple.SpringBoard.plist is mis-match!"

so without being able to dekrpt the original who knows what the new settings are.

Anyone have any ideas?

im retarded, just fixed my error. works on 1.1.2 but make sure to put the plist in
    /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/

this works on 1.1.2 just make sure to put the plist file in
    /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/
    Last edited by shaiss; 11-19-2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

for some reason shaiss the iphone didn't touch this setting on my phone. After about about 5 attempts in upgrading to 1.1.2 (and many 'Brick' worries) I finally made it - however, due to the amount of restores that I had to do allot of the settings and files on the phone were wiped out (I always thought iTunes didn't touch the var/root/Media folder???).

Anyway, double tap was back launching launcher (as soon as I installed it) and my phone is running smoothly again, thanks for the update to Customize by the way Shaiss - are you the main guy behind it?

... Al.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shaiss's Avatar
    Thanks

no, I'm not the main man I simply help in adding fetures, admining the site, helping users, and bug fixing.

If you have any requests please post them to the google page and I'll work on getting them added

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12