Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-to] Clock icon to display real time?

Default [How-to] Clock icon to display real time?
    Hello I searched for this thread or anything similar but couldn't find it.

Does anyone know if we can create a Clock icon to display the real time just like the calendar icon displays the real date? And perhaps the Weather icon to display the current weather temperature of your first choice city??

Anyone interested in developing this? I am not experienced in programming at all but comfortable with SSH

Clock icon has hours minutes and seconds...

You'd need 43,200 (if my rithmetic is right) icons... lets not talk about coding software to read the system time and update the screen with said icons.

Hehehe LOL woops looks like there is no point in this thread !

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post

You'd need 43,200 (if my rithmetic is right) icons... lets not talk about coding software to read the system time and update the screen with said icons.
    Or they can make it dynamic like the one inside the clock.app.

Hmm let's hope people help us out !! I would love to use it with the new Realize theme; have you seen the clock icon for that?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHK For This Useful Post:

iMacMar (02-11-2008)

You might be right, Destructo. I can't even code 10 print "hello", so I'm not the guy with coding answers.

Thanks

It seems plausible to me. We just need to find out how the date shows on the calender icon.

Then we can just make a background clock icon, with 2 hands (hours and mintues, seconds is not necessary) to make it work in real-time, just like in on the calender icon. The weather one should be almost the same as the calender, showing the temp of the first city set.

YES Finally someone gets me, I will try to find out how the calendar thing is set up !

In all seriousness, I understand what you want to do, but the question is WHY? Hell, you have the time showing on the springboard, at the top. This would be another background application that will do nothing more than hog more resources. Kinda pointless, IMHO.

Hehe yeah I guess it is but I thought it would be cool; I love how the calendar icon appears. I don't know. ::

Thanks

The weather one is worth a try though. But will need to auto-update every now and then like the mail.app.

I agree with the Weather idea, not necessarily the Clock Idea. I had a A_C's rendition of Slide2Unlock on my treo before purchasing an iPhone, and he somehow had the Lock screen provide the amount of missed calls, Voicemails, SMS, Weather (In first city), and several other features. Would be nice to just have the Weather run on the icon, or even the Lock screen.

Reako

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post

There are not need 43,200 icons, i think, and only logic way to show date, Clock temperature icons in realtime is.... The icons are still images,but changes only counts on top of image (this is about calendar) the question is about analog clock in realtime? ... this clock is already in the phone, but i don't cnow, maybe it is in Flash format, this will be great , pictures don't changes, only question is about weather icon little bit different, but there are already weather icons in Phone, so still coding problem
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

^^ I wish I could understand one word of that post...

Reako

I didnt quite understand that either, but I know there is no support for flash on the iPhone.. .

Not yet... Hahahahaha. Well not until like the three hundredth upgrade.

Reako