Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Able to FTP to the iPhone to get files to computer??

Default Able to FTP to the iPhone to get files to computer??
    I recorded about a 2 hour meeting on vNotes and when I tried to send it to my e-mail, my iPhone keeps freezing. I then tried iBrickr, navigated to the AMR file and when I tried to download it....iBrickr gave an error.

So the only solution I can think of to get this AMR file on my computer is FTPing to my phone that way I can just drag it to my desktop. But how do I do this? Is there any way to connect to my iPhone so I can drag the file onto my computer?

or, hoook up to wifi it will speed things up, and make sure your phone doesnt sleep

Yeah that's how I usually do the transfers... it is on WiFi and after a few seconds I click on "Send" the phone will just freeze (I can tell because the clock will stay the same forever) then I have to hard reset (power + home button)

The size of the file according to iBrickr is 32 MB. So this is why I am assuming it keeps freezing because it can't handle it. Now, I think the only way would be to do a direct transfer to my computer which is what I'm trying to figure out how to do.
    Last edited by acenase; 11-03-2007 at 03:37 PM.

If you have SSH installed and running, you can use WinSCP or FileZilla (sftp) to copy the file.

Or try iPhoneBrowser and see if it can handle 32MB

Install openssh, bsd subsystem.
    Download WinSCP HERE
    Connect to WiFi
    Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on blue >
    Write down ip address
    Go to WinSCP
    hostname = your ip address
    user name = root
    password = dottie, OR alpine

Have fun
    8GB 3G iPhone