Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Turn off CoverFlow?

Question Turn off CoverFlow?
    Is there any way to turn cover flow off? Because I never use it and when I'm laying in bed listening to music its annoying when it goes to cover flow. It seems like it would be easy to turn off from allitle file moding. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanx,
    -staplerz

I totally agree. I find cover flow to be nice eye candy but totally useless. When I use my iPhone iPod in the car, it sits sideways and cover flow doesn't show the menus (transport controls) for skipping to the next song.

does anyone know If this would be hard to do?

I figure the best way to do it would be to somehow turn off the motion/tilt sensor on the iPhone. But that would end up turning off Safari tilting aswell. That is assuming that it is possible to turn off the sensor...

Thanks

it could be possible in terminal probabloy some sort of command like kill (cover flows terminal name here) I would try it, but i like cover flow But i agree i lie down in bed a lot using it and it is soooooooo annoying, hopefully apple can put out an update with an accelorometer on/off switch.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    it could be possible in terminal probabloy some sort of command like kill (cover flows terminal name here) I would try it, but i like cover flow But i agree i lie down in bed a lot using it and it is soooooooo annoying, hopefully apple can put out an update with an accelorometer on/off switch.
    I dout apple will release that but that's a great idea do kill it in terminal but I have no idea how do use the terminal. ): can any one give me the command?
    Last edited by staplerz; 10-27-2007 at 11:57 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

I reccon this would be a great feature for services... I mean so then you could turn it on and off at will.

It can get so annoying in bed! i always listen to music and go to sswitch song and it moves to cover flow, lol.

If i knew how to program I would try it on my phone. I'll be a dummy if anyone had suggestions!

Thanks, Matt.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

i dont know how this works but i figured it out on my ipod touch and the iphone seems to react the same way... if you install dock from the installer screen and open up your dock then scroll over to ipod after it fires up the ipod see if it continues to coverflow for you....