Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hide everything on "Slide to Unlock" screen

Default Hide everything on "Slide to Unlock" screen
    The title says it all. I want to hide the "clock + date" on top and the "slider + text" on the bottom.

Basically the remain is just the wallpaper and you do the unlock by sliding your finger where the hidden slider was.

First off, this isn't a New Skin / Theme so I'm not sure why you posted this here.

Secondly, you can get rid of the stuff on the bottom but as far as the time and date go...not going to happen, at least for a while because no one can figure out how.

What's Jailbreak? Yautja Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is for 1.1.4

Hide the background of clock & date
    Use attached file to replace "Other.artwork" in System/Library/Frameworks/UIKitframework
    (Make backup of your original "Other.artwork"!!!)

Hide the clock
    Use attached file to replace System/Library/Fonts/Cache/LockClock.ttf
    (Make backup of your original "LockClock.ttf"!!!)

Hide the date (does not seem to work on English, i.e.non localized iPhones; however works on some localized (e.g. Russian) iPhones.
    Locate file System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/DateFormats/en.plist and open with an editor like Notepad++
    (Make backup of the original "en.plist"!!!)

Find string:

<key>UIWeekdayNoYearDateFormat</key>
    <string>EEEE, d MMMM</string>

Change to:

<key>UIWeekdayNoYearDateFormat</key>
    <string></string>

Hide slider and its background
    Go to System/Library/Frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework and delete files "bottombarkgndlock.png" and "bottombarknobgray.png"
    (Make backup of these files BEFORE DELETING!!!)

Hide "Slide to Unlock" text
    Locate file "SpringBoard.strings" in System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/ and edit using Notepad++ or if it doesn't show correctly convert the file here: Convert Apple Property list from binary to text XML
    (Make backup before editing/converting)

Find string:

<key>AWAY_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string>slide to unlock</string>

Change to:

<key>AWAY_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string></string>

Hide the Slider button
    Go to System/Library/Frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/ and delete the file "bottombarknobgray.png"
    (Make backup before deleting!!!)

Please respond if this helps and if somebody knows other ways to hide the DATE on the lockscreen on English iPhones. The method above with does NOT work for me (English, 1.1.4, I tried to edit ALL .plist files in corresponding directory but without success)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Yautja Hunter; 07-03-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Slightly updated

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Yautja Hunter For This Useful Post:

7h31ll3g4l (11-11-2008), ah_bo0 (06-24-2008), chillypbear (07-11-2008), david77123 (06-24-2008), ginister (07-05-2008), kamy (06-23-2008), LoganKal (10-20-2010), omgreptar6 (07-13-2008), pvkct (03-15-2011), SevenThirteen (07-13-2008), Spirit81 (08-01-2008), techieboy (02-03-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

You gotta thank him nice work Hunter, Thanks.

Great job, Hunter ;P

I am surprised someone actually knew how to do this :]

cant seem to open the other.zip file

Thanks
    I've re-uploaded the other.zip file. Should work fine now.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

can u do this for 1.1.2? i wan't a blank slide to unlock screen with the time/date jus floating on the pic without its own background. and i want my slide part to be invisible too jus the slider
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks
    I don't know if this works for 1.1.2. I guess you just have to try it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    can u do this for 1.1.2? i wan't a blank slide to unlock screen with the time/date jus floating on the pic without its own background. and i want my slide part to be invisible too jus the slider
    U can do it but the safest way i suggest is to jus make the files transparent instead of deleting them all together.... if you've got photoshop or any photo editing program all you gotta do is create a blank file the same dimensions as the ones in the fone and save them accordingly....

Reason y i didnt delete mine is becuz i didnt want the phone to bug out for no reason......
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

What about making time on the lock screen in HH:MM:SS format? Make it show seconds as well.

can you get rid of the ugly gray dock?

the other.zip wont download can you re-up it please

Just for the record I have 2.0 jailbreak. I just edited the springboard.strings using that technique and it works like a charm. I used cydia to not have anything else on the bottom portion of the locked screen, so there isnt anything there. and i havent had any problems yet.

Also, by any chance does anyone know how to remove the labels off of all the icons on the home screen?
    Last edited by robhard24; 07-21-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

use SMBPrefs to hide icon labels. you can download it off the cydia app.

nope, smb prefs is not on the cydia app yet

actually its in the customize... then u go to edit system strings, and you can change the strings from there.

could someone please re-upload or send me the other.artwork file that hides the black background behind the clock and date? i already have it so the whole bottom slide to unlock doesnt show thru customize, all i need is the background of the clock and date to go away

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dis1krazyazn View Post
    could someone please re-upload or send me the other.artwork file that hides the black background behind the clock and date? i already have it so the whole bottom slide to unlock doesnt show thru customize, all i need is the background of the clock and date to go away
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/1317251-post3.html

just wanna update the location for 3.0+ guys.. its in:

System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.Framework/

and you gotta delete -

bottombarknobgray
    bottombarbkgndlock

it it doesn't work, delete bottombarbkgnd also..

hope to help..

don't forget to make a backup first of all the files before deletion and ofcourse remember the path/location of these files..

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m3ta1he4d For This Useful Post:

myung (12-10-2010), SISCO76 (10-09-2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast