+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Silent Sounds In 1.1.1 ???

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay, I'm about ready to pull what little hair I have left out! I can't seem to get any modded sounds to work in 1.1.1 (jail-broke). I had all my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Silent Sounds In 1.1.1 ???
    Okay, I'm about ready to pull what little hair I have left out!

I can't seem to get any modded sounds to work in 1.1.1 (jail-broke). I had all my custom sounds that I made working in 1.02, now nothing seems to work.

I've converted my sounds to AIFF and .CAF in Audacity using 32 bit float and every conceivable Hz frequency.

When I copy (via SHH using 0755 permissions) to overlay the old sound on the iPhone at \System\Library\Audio\UISounds and reboot the phone, all I get is silence when the sound plays.

I even get the same thing on ringtones using the new iRinger program. Show up in the list but plays silent.

The weird thing is that when I use Installer to download a sound pack for Customize, those sounds play okay. But when I create a directory in customize with my sounds in the same format, I get the silent treatment again!!

Anyone have any ideas?

CGM

Bump

No thoughts on this problem anyone?

CGM
    Last edited by cgmcdaniel; 10-19-2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost