+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stock look with third party applications installed on 1.1.1

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I modified my Springboard v1.1.1 so it would look stock with third party applications installed. Feel free to use my mod. Instructions: 1. Unzip StockSpring01.zip and copy [space].app, [spacespace].app and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Exclamation Stock look with third party applications installed on 1.1.1
    I modified my Springboard v1.1.1 so it would look stock with third party applications installed. Feel free to use my mod.

Instructions:
    1. Unzip StockSpring01.zip and copy [space].app, [spacespace].app and [spacespacespace].app to /Applications
    2. Set permission 755 to embark in all three folders
    3. Copy M68AP.plist to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

EDIT: Used transparent pngs and fixed application names so you can use it on non black background.
    EDIT2: Fixed zip file for Mac users and modified display identifier of the new Installer.app - To place it in the first position on the second page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stock look with third party applications installed on 1.1.1-foo_0.png   Stock look with third party applications installed on 1.1.1-foo_1.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Vger; 10-21-2007 at 11:12 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vger For This Useful Post:

scowler (10-17-2007)

Thanks

Good work!

Thats the look I wanted.

Only prob is that if you use summerboard to swap themes ( ones with a wallpaper thats not just black ) you get three black squares where the blank apps are.

Is there such a thing as a transparent png ???????

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, you can make transparent png, unfortunatelly applications name would show. I used black boxes just to cover the text. I'll try to figure out something.
    Last edited by Vger; 10-17-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks

lol - you beat me to it.

I just created a transparent png icon for each blank app - and yeah , I forgot the app name would show :-)

I notice rsbt will change the number of icons on the pages ( it screws my phone though in CCustomize 1.13 ) , maybe whatever file that alters to limit it to 13 icons on the first springboard page could be a way of getting the same look?

Or - If really wanting to run a summerboard theme as well , I could just turn off the icon labels in summerboard.
    I'm one of those strange people though who seem to prefer the stock theme though :-) So probably just stick with it.
    Last edited by scowler; 10-17-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just fixed it. Will post it in a second!

Thanks

Clever :-)

Thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scowler For This Useful Post:

Vger (10-18-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you for the idea BTW!
    Last edited by Vger; 10-18-2007 at 05:11 AM.

Thanks

Hey you did the work :-)

You also gave me a new feature I was looking for by accident - your included M68AP.plist file has the international key set to = 1 , now I can choose a UK keyboard and have all my contacts numbers correctly shown - it may also have fixed the incoming caller number matching prob we have in the UK !!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scowler View Post

...it may also have fixed the incoming caller number matching prob we have in the UK !!!!
    To fix caller ID matching you have to use patched appsupport. Get it here: http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/AppSupport
    Last edited by Vger; 10-19-2007 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vger View Post
    To fix caller ID matching you have to use patched appsupport. Get it here: http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/AppSupport
    This site seems to be down, I got the zip file you uppped earlier can this be used to fix caller ID on as 1.0.2 phone or is it strictly for 1.1.1

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vger For This Useful Post:

ericidle (10-27-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I modified my Springboard v1.1.1 so it would look stock with third party applications installed. Feel free to use my mod.

Instructions:
    1. Unzip StockSpring01.zip and copy [space].app, [spacespace].app and [spacespacespace].app to /Applications

EDIT: Used transparent pngs and fixed application names so you can use it on non black background.
    EDIT2: Fixed zip file for Mac users and modified display identifier of the new Installer.app - To place it in the first position on the second page.
    How do I set this permission to 755? Where do I do that? Im connected to my iphone via SSH (Transmit). I want my springboard like yours (original look).

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Select the file to change and choose "Get Info" from the "File" menu. Under "Permissions," enter the appropriate chmod number in the field labeled "Octal."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Instructions:
    Vger - thanks for a great little app.

Im getting a 1.1.2 UK iphone for xmas and wanted to just ask a quick question (ive tried to read up on this through the forums but cant find an answer)

I was wondering, Im wanting to use this app without summerboard installed at all.. Will i still be able to slide between two pages of iphone applications?? I noticed on your attached screenshots that you have two screens but no "SMBPrefs" installed so im hoping so. In which case, can I use your StockSpring01.zip files without the blank.apps so i can have a full page of 16 icons, then some extras on the 2nd page??

I hope this all makes sense. (Im basically after a way that i can slidebetween 2 pages of apps without Summerboard really, and without iLauncher or anything)

Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate your time

Rich..
    Last edited by richardfong; 12-13-2007 at 07:59 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richardfong View Post
    Vger - thanks for a great little app.

Im getting a 1.1.2 UK iphone for xmas and wanted to just ask a quick question (ive tried to read up on this through the forums but cant find an answer)

I was wondering, Im wanting to use this app without summerboard installed at all.. Will i still be able to slide between two pages of iphone applications?? I noticed on your attached screenshots that you have two screens but no "SMBPrefs" installed so im hoping so. In which case, can I use your StockSpring01.zip files without the blank.apps so i can have a full page of 16 icons, then some extras on the 2nd page??

I hope this all makes sense. (Im basically after a way that i can slidebetween 2 pages of apps without Summerboard really, and without iLauncher or anything)

Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate your time

Rich..
    Actually you don't need my mod if you wish to have all 16 icons on the first page. Springboard page scrolling is already built-in (since v.1.1.1).

Green Apple
    Thanks

i like the stock look as well but there is a better way to get it without messing around with the icon png's. All you have to do is set the appreveal option to on and then youll be able to double tap the icon to reveal it or hide it on the springboard without going to customize to hide it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to elay12 For This Useful Post:

Vger (12-20-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elay12 View Post
    i like the stock look as well but there is a better way to get it without messing around with the icon png's. All you have to do is set the appreveal option to on and then youll be able to double tap the icon to reveal it or hide it on the springboard without going to customize to hide it.
    Thank you for the tip. The only problem I see is, you have to actually modify two more files - com.apple.springboard.plist (to enable appreveal) & mobile store's plist.info (to prevent it from hiding). But I guess it's a better way, since blank applications probably don't start when you hide them. I will try it... Thanks.
    Last edited by Vger; 12-20-2007 at 03:23 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    why not use the sbrevealable option..? like steve used in his demo, apps are hidden until double tapped but still take up space on springboard... i use it on things like installer to keep my iphone looking stock =]