+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: System Sounds Help

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys I have an issue and need some help. I changes my sms-received.caf file to an audio file I made but I also changed the ReceivedMessage.aiff file and the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default System Sounds Help
    Hey guys I have an issue and need some help. I changes my sms-received.caf file to an audio file I made but I also changed the ReceivedMessage.aiff file and the SentMessage.aiff files inside the mobilesms.app folder so that when I'm in the program I can here the same audio file as when I'm not in it but after uploading it I still don't hear the file.

Basically if I'm not in SMS I hear my audio file and when I'm in the SMS I hear that little crappy file bleep sounding thing. Can anyone please see if there is a way to change it so you hear the audio file both inside and outside of the program.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ae_wu View Post
    Hey guys I have an issue and need some help. I changes my sms-received.caf file to an audio file I made but I also changed the ReceivedMessage.aiff file and the SentMessage.aiff files inside the mobilesms.app folder so that when I'm in the program I can here the same audio file as when I'm not in it but after uploading it I still don't hear the file.

Basically if I'm not in SMS I hear my audio file and when I'm in the SMS I hear that little crappy file bleep sounding thing. Can anyone please see if there is a way to change it so you hear the audio file both inside and outside of the program.

I don't know if I'm getting you right but I'll try to answer to my best of my knowledge.

First off, you need to change the extensions on the ReceivedMessage.aiff file and the SentMessage.aiff to .caf.
    Second, sms-recieved.caf is when receiving texts when outside of the SMS function. ReceivedMessage.caf is when receiving texts inside the SMS function.

I hope that helped out...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sounds
    Well my issue is that in that folder it showed those files as .aiff so I figured the app looks to call those filenames that way but I will change the filenames when I get home and let you know how it works out.

I know that the sms-received is a .caf file but will the other files work as .caf files and they are .aiff files the program references?

Quote Originally Posted by itzwiL View Post
    I don't know if I'm getting you right but I'll try to answer to my best of my knowledge.

First off, you need to change the extensions on the ReceivedMessage.aiff file and the SentMessage.aiff to .caf.
    Second, sms-recieved.caf is when receiving texts when outside of the SMS function. ReceivedMessage.caf is when receiving texts inside the SMS function.

I hope that helped out...
    I changed the files to .caf and they still didn't work I still hear that stupid bleep thing.
    Last edited by ae_wu; 07-24-2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Wink Delete from the phone and then replace
    Make sure you delete the file first from the phone and then replace it with your customized.caf audio file. I noticed that "overwrite" doesn't work well so you have to delete and then replace. EDIT. You should do the delete first whether you are using iphoneinterface or Manzana. Power off, then Power on. Your new sounds will be active.
    Last edited by ebentley; 08-04-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: added: Manzana
    Earl