Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Display out question

Default Display out question
    So I currently have an iPhone 4S and I plug it in to my screen in my car for movies, I plan on upgrading to the iPhone 5S however by doing so I will lose the ability to output movies through the dock connector cable my question is once a jailbreak is available will I be able to download the tweak called display out and regain the ability to video output the cable

If you truly want to maintain the functionality that a jailbreak offers, then I highly recommend you put off getting the iPhone 5S. It's gonna be a long time before a jailbreak is released for it, and when it is, you will most likely have to wait even longer for the tweaks you like to be compatible.

I don't upgrade my phone (or iOS version) until there is an absolute way to jailbreak and downgrade that device. But that's just me. I have to have a jailbroken iPhone. I simply choose having a fully customizable jailbroken iPhone over having the latest and greatest iPhone. You basically have to choose one or the other.

But to answer your question more shortly and to the point. No. DisplayOut will not work. I mean there is a possibility that a jailbreak and update for tweaks will be released rite away.....but it's extremely unlikely.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ZĄG For This Useful Post:

Brentbeeler (10-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ZĄG View Post
    If you truly want to maintain the functionality that a jailbreak offers, then I highly recommend you put off getting the iPhone 5S. It's gonna be a long time before a jailbreak is released for it, and when it is, you will most likely have to wait even longer for the tweaks you like to be compatible.

I don't upgrade my phone (or iOS version) until there is an absolute way to jailbreak and downgrade that device. But that's just me. I have to have a jailbroken iPhone. I simply choose having a fully customizable jailbroken iPhone over having the latest and greatest iPhone. You basically have to choose one or the other.

But to answer your question more shortly and to the point. No. DisplayOut will not work. I mean there is a possibility that a jailbreak and update for tweaks will be released rite away.....but it's extremely unlikely.
    Thanks bro, appreciate the reply