+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Slow device and low ram

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
I have iphone 4s 6.1.2 today i updated and jailbreaked to 6.1.2 I downloaded same tweaks that i had from 5.1.1 But my device little slow and on sbsetting i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Slow device and low ram
    I have iphone 4s 6.1.2 today i updated and jailbreaked to 6.1.2
    I downloaded same tweaks that i had from 5.1.1
    But my device little slow and on sbsetting i have between 260-295 ram and on 5.1.1 i had minimum ram 310.

My tweaks:
    Activator
    App sync for ios 5
    Iconlock
    Applist
    Iconsupport
    Infinidock
    Killbackground
    Nocameragrabber
    Nopassblockcode
    Libhide
    Pagelock
    Preferenceloader
    Subtlelock
    Weeloader
    Winterboard
    Ayecon 2x2
    Nospot
    SBSetting
    Ifile
    Clearmycache
    Icleaner

Please help me !

Thanks

I have noticed mine is stupid slow as well after upgrading to 6.1.2 and jailbreaking So you are not alone in this I dont think.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Could be sbsettings itself it does have a memory leak

Thanks

Ughhh... Any word on an eta for a fix?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,120 Times in 6,945 Posts

I haven't heard of bigboss mentioning a memory leak (at least on twitter). Not sure if or when he will address it.

Thanks

Any update on this issue?

2k1
    Thanks

Nothing yet

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

2k1, how did you figure out that there's a memory leak in SBSettings? I haven't seen other reports of this; a lot of people use SBSettings without problems.

gilgil073, an iPhone 4S with 260-295 MB of available RAM is pretty normal. The difference of a few MB on iOS 5 and iOS 6 could easily be caused by changes in iOS 6.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    2k1, how did you figure out that there's a memory leak in SBSettings? I haven't seen other reports of this; a lot of people use SBSettings without problems.

gilgil073, an iPhone 4S with 260-295 MB of available RAM is pretty normal. The difference of a few MB on iOS 5 and iOS 6 could easily be caused by changes in iOS 6.
    A few of us were doing some testing of it and Auxo in one of the news threads a little while back. I'll see if I can find it.

I think it was this one: Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love

Excuse the off topic posturing in there, got a little out of hand but that's where we were all experiencing memory leaks with auxo and sbsettings. Basically what would happen with it installed is total free memory kept going down gradually after a repeated process of using apps them clearing them away. For me it would get to the point where with everything closed memory levels were getting too low to support apples suspended state of apps. So every time I would switch back the apps would start up like it was the first time opening them instead of going back to the spot I was at before I switched to a different app.
    Auxo has since been updated with memory leak fixing being noted by its devs. Sbsettings hasn't yet though (I don't think anyway).

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Thanks for the link to that thread. Looking over it quickly, there are a lot of reports of symptoms, but did anyone find a way to reliably reproduce the SBSettings problem and report it to BigBoss, so that he could try to verify the issue? I tried reproducing this issue just now with an iPod touch 5th generation on iOS 6.0.1 with only SBSettings (and its dependencies) installed, and I couldn't make it happen - the available RAM before opening apps and after quitting apps varied somewhat, but the numbers weren't noticeably different from what happened if I tried the same pattern of opening and quitting apps with no tweaks installed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    Thanks for the link to that thread. Looking over it quickly, there are a lot of reports of symptoms, but did anyone find a way to reliably reproduce the SBSettings problem and report it to BigBoss, so that he could try to verify the issue? I tried reproducing this issue just now with an iPod touch 5th generation on iOS 6.0.1 with only SBSettings (and its dependencies) installed, and I couldn't make it happen - the available RAM before opening apps and after quitting apps varied somewhat, but the numbers weren't noticeably different from what happened if I tried the same pattern of opening and quitting apps with no tweaks installed.
    No, we never really dug that deep tbh. We were kind of just casually talking about it and doing our own things for testing. It's not something that shows up right away. I would say after half an hour or so of use and then closing out all apps you should notice a reduction in available ram between 30-80mb less than what you would see initially with no apps running. Repeating this every half an hour or so and it will continually get less and less. Only apps/tweaks I have noticed this with is auxo and sbsettings, installed together and installed separately.

2k1
    Thanks

Ever since I deleted sbsettings it has stopped my phone from dropping on the 100 or double digits