Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this a bug in iCaughtu pro ?

Default Is this a bug in iCaughtu pro ?
    I am not 100% sure if this is bug or it was intended to work that way. I will try reproducing this again by today evening.
    I was testing iCaughtu pro today morning at my home. I deliberately entered a wrong passcode to trigger the email but i had kept my wifi off. This was intended. So i know the mail was not sent, but probably stored somewhere.
    Then after i reached my office, i turned on wifi and i immediately got email notification with my pic from morning but the location was now showing as my office.
    This leads me to believe that the location is actually captured and stored only when the email is actually sent and not when the photo is taken. Also i believe the location is not really captured at the time of sending email, as in from GPS but it is mostly being determined either through wifi or cell towers triangulation.
    I might be wrong and i shall check more into it. But just letting experts know here.

If this thread does not belong here, please lock it.

Yes this is a bug, but it happens because since there is no internet GPS coordinates are harder to find, so the accuracy is very low, so it is not saved.
    But I am working on a new version, that fixes this. You can install it from this repo: http://www.icaughtuapp.com/beta/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to itaybre For This Useful Post:

raksrules (10-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by itaybre View Post
    Yes this is a bug, but it happens because since there is no internet GPS coordinates are harder to find, so the accuracy is very low, so it is not saved.
    But I am working on a new version, that fixes this. You can install it from this repo: http://www.icaughtuapp.com/beta/
    One more question.
    Does iCaughtu pro itself enables cellular data (assume i dont have 3G and Force 3G is off in iCaughtu pro settings) if it does not find wifi connectivity.

Yes, it is called force 3G

Quote Originally Posted by itaybre View Post
    Yes, it is called force 3G
    Yes but assume a situation where I dont have 3G but only EDGE connectivity then if the force 3G is turned off then EDGE is activated. That's what I found.
    But in case of tmobile where there is no 3G for iPhone (at least in my area), the network goes out completely as 3G is not available at all.
    But yes the good part is that if force 3G is off, it still goes for edge network.

Thanks

Have a question regarding iCaughtU Pro, installed this tweak on my iPhone 5 yesterday and noticed two things,

1. There was a delay before the e-mail with the image sent to my inbox, like 10 minutes or so .. is this normal? I have Gmail.

2. I didn`t get just one email but rather 3 or 4 emails after first wrong attempt. Anyone else with same experience?

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

Downloaded the free version last night and got the test email to work, but have yet to receive an e-mail when I enter a wrong passcode. I'm using the default iphone password setting on the phone. using X-D theme on an iphone 4s with ios 6.1. Anything I'm obviously doing wrong?

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

Interestingly enough, I switched to Dreamboard with the NewOS theme and now it works. With continued success, I promise to buy the pro version.