Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s stuck on Boot loop after disabling mobilesubtrate addons on sbsetting

i disabled all the mobilesubtrate addons and then my iphone did respering and stuck on respering and then i did hard reset and my iphone stuck on apple logo (boot loop)

sorry for bad english !

please help i need to fly to london tomorrow please help me !!!!!!!
    Last edited by gilgil073; 09-22-2012 at 01:48 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, try powering off (hold power and home button till screen goes black) then power on with the volume + button pressed. If it comes on you will need to enable your mobilesubstrate addons again

doesnt work the iphone lock screen dont show up what to do??

Thanks

Can you see your iPhone file system over wifi or USB with WinSCP or DiskAid?
    Also
    Why did you disable the addons in the first place?

it doesnt matter why ,
    but i can see the iphone file system on ifunbox, but i dont have winSCP or diskAid on my computer .

Thanks

Hi, iFunbox is fine, look in folder
    /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/
    and rename any xxxxxx.disabled to xxxxxx.dylib
    (then reboot)
    This will re-enable your mobilesubstrate addons.
    If the problem started after installing a tweak, leave that one disabled.
    Also, never disable
    PhotoAlbumsPlus or PwnTunes (if you have them) as this will stop USB working so iFunbox wont work!
    If it still doesn't come on, try the volume + button while booting trick again
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 09-23-2012 at 08:45 AM.

thnx man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you saved my lifeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your the best man1!!!!1

Thanks

Glad it worked for you

Hi, since i really need my Notes and Pictures that i didn't do a backup(sync) with iTunes b/c i was travelling, i was installing a Swirly MMS from cydia and asked me for a reboot and i got stuck in rebooting . The iPhone (4s 5.1.1) keeps rebooting and after the Apple Logo it goes with the spinner for some while and it reboots it self again and again. I tried with WinSCP, Totalcommander(t-Pod), iFunBox,iExplorer,... can't access it b/c it's not showup on the pc(itunes. Tried with putting it in Recovery mode exit after that to see if it gonna help in someway but it did not, also i did that with the DFU mode and that didn't help... :S please help me how to get the Notes and the pictures at least, if i can't get it up to work again without Restoring it in iTunes.

Thanks in advance

found answer that did not work:
    "Power up the phone while holding the volume up button and continue to hold it until you see the lock screen. This should disable mobile substrate and tweaks dependent on it so you can uninstall Swirly MMS through Cydia.
    Reboot to re-enable mobile substrate."
    I have tried this answer and it doesn't do anything different :S same old rebooting with spinner... my fingers are hurting from holding the volume button . I hope maybe somebody will tell me something else that i can try.

p.s: i can't see the iphone at all on the PC in all programs

Thanks to all that can help me with this

Thanks

Hi, the volume + trick should work. Did you make sure your phone was off first before trying it? Try holding the home and lock buttons together till the phone reboots a few times and then goes off. Once off, hold in the volume + button while powering on.

Yes i tried that and a lottt of times i spend hours and hours any other way PLS people HELP (thanks)

Thanks

Hi, you could plug in some headphones and squeeze the clicker while booting up might work!?

SOLUTION (FIX) iClarified - iPhone - How to Re-Restore Your iPhone From iOS 5.x to iOS 5.x (Windows)
    didn't get the pics but saved the 5.1.1 jailbreaked after that

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Did you install SwirlyMMS from the official repository (BigBoss)? The package page says that it no longer causes crashes on iPhone 4S. If you installed that version and then got these problems, make sure to email the developers to let them know.

I am in the same jam. disabled all of my mobile substrate apps as a test.. and well it went horrible. I'm stuck in the boot loop. I can get to diskaid and see my files and I can try to rename them. the only problem is that I get access denied when I try to rename a bunch of the files. Is there any way around this? I also didn't know about the blobs or I would have saved those to do a custom restore - but I can't. Itunes server wont let me connect to restore to 5.1.1.
    I'm a bit upset - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi could try iFunbox instead of DiskAid

Thanks for the help. Turns out I didn't have to change all of the file names. I found the ones I could and it fixed it. Hardest part was changing them before the phone restarted again. Of all the Internet this was the most helpful post. Thank you a 1000 times! Happy to say I saved my shsh blobs now too!

Thanks

Good to hear you got it sorted.
    I always install Cydia files:
    afc2add and OpenSSH just incase my iPhone crashes and I want a better chance of gaining access to the root file system.
    afc2add helps you read your file system via USB using DiskAid and openSSH is needed to do the same via wifi using WinSCP (you also need to remember your wifi IP address too!!)
    OpenSSH also recommends changing your password from alpine for security reasons.