+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do purchases through Cydia have tax?

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
So I have a $10 prepaid credit card from a rebate offer and wanted to buy IntelliScreenX which is $9.99. If there's tax on the purchase I won't be able
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Do purchases through Cydia have tax?
    So I have a $10 prepaid credit card from a rebate offer and wanted to buy IntelliScreenX which is $9.99. If there's tax on the purchase I won't be able to use it or might need to add another dollar to the card for it to work.

So people who purchased stuff on Cydia, was there tax on your purchase?

Also, I noticed that it uses Amazon for purchases. Can you use your Amazon.com gift card balance as payment?

Thanks

Well it should be common sense. If something on Cydia costs 9.99 it will be 10 dollars bro. If a theme is 1.00 it will stay 1.00.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

When you buy IntelliScreenX for $9.99 on Cydia, you spend $9.99, so you'll be fine.

You cannot use an Amazon gift card for Amazon Payments purchases; it only works to buy things on Amazon.com.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have $10 in my amazon account using gift card balance , how can I purchase intelliscreenx using this balance?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    Well it should be common sense. If something on Cydia costs 9.99 it will be 10 dollars bro. If a theme is 1.00 it will stay 1.00.
    It's not that simple, bro. When I order digital goods from iTunes or Amazon I get charged tax while places like Steam doesn't so I just wanted to make sure Cydia doesn't charge tax.

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    When you buy IntelliScreenX for $9.99 on Cydia, you spend $9.99, so you'll be fine.

You cannot use an Amazon gift card for Amazon Payments purchases; it only works to buy things on Amazon.com.
    Thanks.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssheikhpk View Post
    I have $10 in my amazon account using gift card balance , how can I purchase intelliscreenx using this balance?
    If you mean your Amazon.com account, you can't use that money to purchase products on Cydia. Amazon Payments is a separate system.