+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forgotten which login I used to purchase app

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
OK. This sounds dumb (and it is and I feel dumb about it, so be gentle) but ... I purchased MyWi via Cydia and it is installed on my iPhone.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Red face Forgotten which login I used to purchase app
    OK. This sounds dumb (and it is and I feel dumb about it, so be gentle) but ...

I purchased MyWi via Cydia and it is installed on my iPhone. When I login to cydia via my google acount or either of my facebook accounts, MyWi shows up in yellow, indicating that it has been purchased but that I used some other account to purchase it. I paid by PayPal IIRC.

I have acquired an iPad3 now, and want to install it there, but I can't because I don't know which account I bought it under.

I may have used my gf's account, because I installed it on her iPhone as well, but she's "out of touch" at the moment so I cannot get her to try for me.

1: Is there a way I can figure out which account was used?
    2: Is there a way I can transfer the purchase from whatever account I used to my regular FB account?
    3: other?

Philip J. Lewis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrDweeb View Post
    OK. This sounds dumb (and it is and I feel dumb about it, so be gentle) but ...

I purchased MyWi via Cydia and it is installed on my iPhone. When I login to cydia via my google acount or either of my facebook accounts, MyWi shows up in yellow, indicating that it has been purchased but that I used some other account to purchase it. I paid by PayPal IIRC.

I have acquired an iPad3 now, and want to install it there, but I can't because I don't know which account I bought it under.

I may have used my gf's account, because I installed it on her iPhone as well, but she's "out of touch" at the moment so I cannot get her to try for me.

1: Is there a way I can figure out which account was used?
    2: Is there a way I can transfer the purchase from whatever account I used to my regular FB account?
    3: other?

Philip J. Lewis
    re: the (ex) gf's account
    3: send her flowers, and apologize for whatever it is you didn't do.
    4: also, chocolate
    5: promise her an iPhone 5g if she gets back together, and lets you use her account again

alternative
    3: get over it
    4: recognize some things can't be mended
    5: buy another license for MyWi - it's probably cheaper than the other strategy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default not ex-
    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    re: the (ex) gf's account
    She is not my ex-, she is in another country at the moment, and I do not know her passwords, and I don't want to ask her from a distance, as that would in fact look like I want to spy on her which is definitely not the case.

I guess I will have to ask Intelliborn