+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE HELP! Cydia keeps asking me to authenticate account again and again

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 5.1.1 with redsnow. Everything seems fine, except authenticating and linking my account with Cydia. There are no error messages or anything, I sign in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb PLEASE HELP! Cydia keeps asking me to authenticate account again and again
    I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 5.1.1 with redsnow. Everything seems fine, except authenticating and linking my account with Cydia.

There are no error messages or anything, I sign in with gmail it shows and profile, but the next time I open Cydia it says again I haven't authenticated it, so I sign in with gmail again and the same thing happens, everytime.

I'm trying to use iFile but I can't register - I put in my email account I keep "authenticating" with Cydia, and nothing happens. I've looked everywhere and literally NOONE seems to have this problem. Does anyone know what's going on??
    (Should I be getting emails from Cydia to authenticate? I haven't gotten any)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here dude. I have downloaded the first app in cydia bc of this. I'm also getting a "cannot locate packages" for all the apps? Idk what the deal is. But I also know nothing about Mac or iPhone either. Hoping somebody answers this one

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Are either of you still getting this problem? For Cydia account problems, it's often best to email saurik directly: [email protected].

The "cannot locate package" error is unrelated - it usually happens right after you've jailbroken your device, when data from the repositories hasn't fully downloaded to your device yet. You can fix it by opening Cydia, going to the Changes tab, tapping "Refresh" at top left, waiting for data to download and reload, and then searching again.