+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Donate to Help A Newbie Appeal

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Sorry to waste your time. I did jailbreak my iPad2 successfully, installed cydia, recommended apps, and a few extra, but am struggling with how to use cydia properly. Just point
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Donate to Help A Newbie Appeal
    Sorry to waste your time. I did jailbreak my iPad2 successfully, installed cydia, recommended apps, and a few extra, but am struggling with how to use cydia properly. Just point me in the right direction, contact, site, forum, YouTube site, whatever, so I can develop good habits early. I want simple, basic advice, suitable for a beginner with no computer literacy. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

Just point me in the right direction, contact, site, forum, YouTube site, whatever, so I can develop good habits early. I want simple, basic advice, suitable for a beginner with no computer literacy. Thanks
    Not really sure what advise your looking for, please explain.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Cydia is pretty straightforward. Browse for featured packages, search for packages, browse by categories...etc.

You don't just find out what you like or want with jailbreak tweaks overnight, and you don't need to install a bunch of new stuff in one sitting. Some basics to have include SBSettings, Winterboard, springtomize 2...but it takes time to figure out as a new jailbreaker what's good for you.

There isn't a need to go looking for what other people think is good or not, it's your preference. Just look through Cydia whenever you get time to. My personal recommendation is in Cydia itself, go to the featured tab on the home page and you'll find different things in there, including starter tools.

Thanks

No computer literacy, you say? Well, in that case, a tip I can give you is that you don't the user mode on Cydia as Developer or Hacker. Just use User and you will get many goodies.

But other than that, i.Annie really hit right on the nail. It's hard to give you pointers of what to get and what not. There is no "Start Kit" like you can find in App Store apps, but Cydia's Featured page can do wonders for you.