+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Apps and Tweaks not showing up in Settings

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Hi all I have searched for the answer to this but cannot find anything that quite resolves the problem. I am new to the whole Cydia scene having just installed
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cydia Apps and Tweaks not showing up in Settings
    Hi all

I have searched for the answer to this but cannot find anything that quite resolves the problem. I am new to the whole Cydia scene having just installed it on my iPad 1 (with iOS 5.1.1) that became superfluous.

The installation went very smoothly, even bought and installed a Cydia application or two and everything seems to work fine. All Apple and Cydia apps work just fine.

However, there are no Cydia apps in the Settings App, just the Apple ones. I have refreshed everthing, but still there is nothing in Settings. I am trying to apply FolderLock as an example, but of course can't as it isn't there!

My little tag at the bottom of the Cydia App reads iPad(1G) iOS 5.1.1 Cydia 1.1.6.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Not all tweaks will have a section in settings. I have not used folderlock so I am not sure how to adjust settings for that app. But only a few of my apps/tweaks I use have settings in the Settings App.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have refreshed Cydia and reinstalled Folderlock and it is functioning exactly as intended. My inexperience with Cydia meant I didn't appreciate that the install process for Folderlock didn't go as intended.

Sorry about that and thanks for the reply.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Sometimes things don't install properly. Doesn't happen all the time but it is not out of the possibility sometimes. Glad you got it going.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 4S with 5.1.1 IOS. I use it since last 6months. I have problem with cydia for last 2 weeks, my cydia tweaks & addons are disappear from setting.I re-installed Mobile Substrate a lot time but it never works, Pleas give me right solution. thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same prob... Cydia app settings disapeared in Settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by shvali7 View Post
    I have 4S with 5.1.1 IOS. I use it since last 6months. I have problem with cydia for last 2 weeks, my cydia tweaks & addons are disappear from setting.I re-installed Mobile Substrate a lot time but it never works, Pleas give me right solution. thanks.
    Iphone 4, OS 6.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Add me to the list with this problem. Last month I could manage Browser Changer from the "Extensions" section of Settings on my 1st gen iPad (iOS 5.1.1, Cydia 1.1.6). Now that section no longer exists.

My next step will be to revert to non-jailbroken status then try to jailbreak again.

Can anyone save me the trouble of doing this?

TIA!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I re-jail breaked my phone and had to reinstall the cydia apps for them to show up in settings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, Wilson. I'm in the process of restoring my iPad to basic iOS 5.1.1. Re-Jailbreaking it will be the next step.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After I use Restore, to clean up my ipad mini without clearing the jailbreak software, then try to re-install all the cydia apps and tweaks, it doesn't appear in the Settings. Anyone can assist me with this? thanks!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

If you restored ya mini I'm sure it also updated the firmware it sounds like. Check and see what you running at now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its ok now, I manage to reinstall Preference Loader then respring and everything is back already. Thank for the reply!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Glad ya got it working.