Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Bypass User/Hacker/Developer Screen

  1. #1
    Default Bypass User/Hacker/Developer Screen
    Long story short... I broke my screen, installed a cheap replacement, and now there is a dead spot on the screen specifically in the top area to press DONE (or Install, Modify, or Back).

    So I can't get past that screen... is there a preference file somewhere I can modify to tell my Cydia that I'm a User and to finish installing already?

    My endgame, until I get a new phone, is to be able to somehow control the screen to press that damn Done/Install button when I need to... I figured Veency and VNC or at least BTstack Mouse, will get me there. I already AutoInstalled both but neither will open and run until I get past that "who are you?" screen

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    I don't think so.... If anything it would be in info.plist
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  3. #3
    Yeah, I've scoured info.plist and there's nothing that appears to be there... only thing I can find is a Cydia metadata.plist that says amongst a bunch of nonsense... TRoleTUser ...

  4. #4
    Wait! May have figured it out with the Accessibility Zoom Function!

  5. #5
    Well, I can say that it will be under anything .plist
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,027
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    I don't think so.... If anything it would be in info.plist
    Serious dude

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Serious dude
    What do you mean? I do this crap all the time. I know where it all is.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,027
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    You said the same thing twice

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    Well, I can say that it will be under anything .plist
    Read this. I said anything with the ending .plist, I didn't say info.plist. 95% of the time it's in info.plist, the other 5% it'll be somewhere else.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life celeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,831
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 340 Times in 323 Posts

    Excuses, excuses
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

    New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Excuses, excuses
    You have your fair share
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  12. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 70 Times in 67 Posts

    There are a few tweaks which remove the status bar, might this move your button up into a working part of the screen. If you can download the deb file you want to install, you could use iFile in landscape mode to install it.
    You could try SBRotator5, but this does not work with Cydia or the App Store

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life celeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,831
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 340 Times in 323 Posts

    Great idea!
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

    New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

  14. #14
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 70 Times in 67 Posts

    Ryan Petrich's UpsideDown April fool tweak works but is a bit confusing!

    Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - [Review] UpsideDown - April Fools From Ryan Petrich!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •