Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 *Memory issue

Default iPhone 4 *Memory issue
    I have a iPhone 4 that has cydia on it and is jailbroken with the 5.1.1 therethed with Rocky Raccoon to make it unthethered. I have been having a issue on my iPhone to where i download something or sync my iPhone to iTunes and the other memory will go up and pass the capacity and say on my iPhone zero bytes. I have look for ways to resolve it but no luck. I came across a tmp file in the tmp folder in iFile which shows a file that is like 400mb. and higher or somewhere 100+. I delete it and some of the other goes down. But later on it will show up and again take up my space. Is there a way to fix this and my other memory? Because restoring doesn't do anything.

-photo.png

I'm running on iPhone 4 Firmware 04.12.01
    Last edited by ThaDaydreamer; 06-06-2012 at 11:11 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You might try an iTunes or iCloud backup (or deleting the old backup first)

It shows up because it's an essential file (dependency) so really, there's no need to delete it since it's obviously there for a reason. You could just remove the app completely...
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

Thanks

My son had this soon after going from iOS4.3.1 to 5.0.1
    In his case it was a backup issue. After deleting his iCloud and iTunes backup and making fresh ones all was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    My son had this soon after going from iOS4.3.1 to 5.0.1
    In his case it was a backup issue. After deleting his iCloud and iTunes backup and making fresh ones all was ok.
    Well that's the problem. I deleted my backups from iTunes and restored my iPhone and erase everything. When I put my music and apps back, after awhile of using, I got back on iTunes and it syncs and adds more other space my iPhone. It went from 0.26mb to 1.8mb. It goes up like that. And this was a fresh restore, I even reset & erase my content in general for on the safe side. People say if it's around .2mb to .6mb it's normal, but this surpasses it. If I had a 16gb or 32gb iPhone I wouldn't care. But it's 8gb(really 6.34gb to be exact) so it basically screws me. iCloud isn't backing up my stuff because I disable it and my other still goes up. I don't know if my iPhone storing data that I don't know about in some secret file I really don't know.

Thanks

This Apple forum thread might help

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

So, it would appear to be almost the same, but in his case, it wouldn't appear to be jailbroken. I honestly say the OP should just remove the entire package...
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.