Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari and Mail crash on start, even in safe mode.

Default Safari and Mail crash on start, even in safe mode.
    One difference is in safe mode, Mail hangs for like 10 seconds without showing any data, then crashes but pretty much the same. Any idea what might be causing it?

Cheers for the assist.

I had a similar thing happen. It has to do with a mod you have installed. Do you have any Cydia mods that install to the mail app, or to Safari? For instance, I had Safari Download Manager installed, but it wasn't updated for iOS 5, so Safari simply crashed when opening.

To check what's causing the problem, go into SBSettings->More->Mobile Substrate Addons and it will give you a list of the programs that were installed via Cydia (that can cause problems like yours).

Disable the ones you think are causing the problem, then reboot. Or, test one at a time to narrow down the problem.

Thanks, I tried that before to no avail. Even tried disabling everything a la safe mode and that didn't help either.

EDIT - What seems to fix it is restarting after entering safe mode. You can get an app from Cydia that puts you safe mode manually.
    Last edited by RedSky; 05-06-2012 at 12:18 AM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Try uninstalling Mobile Substrate completely. Seems like ya got a problem here with one of the tweaks...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, I would agree with Jahooba, you are quite likely to have recently installed a Safari or Mail tweak which is causing a conflict. Apart from Safari Download Manager, I also had SmartFolders for Mail causing problems.