Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please update jailbreakme.com

Default Please update jailbreakme.com
    Hi, I have an iPod Touch 4G 8GB running iOS 5.0.1 and was wondering if jailbreakme.com could support jailbreaking that. I've tried like 5000 times and it just said that it doesn't support my device. I'd really appreciate if you could update the website so that I could jailbreak my device, thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Why don't you use redsnow to jailbreak it?

I don't want to use my computer because I don't want it to get all messed up. But, if I must, I might use greenposi0n...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,557 Times in 7,111 Posts

greenpoison wont work. You need to use redsnow 0.9.10b5. It wont mess up your computer.

Well, I guess I'm stuck and will just have to wait for jailbreakme.com to get updated...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,557 Times in 7,111 Posts

You could be waiting a long time. Maybe forever. A new jailbreakme.com requires a whole new userland exploit which are starting to become very scarce.

Well that's ok, I have my whole life. LOL! But seriously, I have contacted cydia and they said they will work something out in the next month or two. So, it's all cool.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 9.7 View Post
    Well that's ok, I have my whole life. LOL! But seriously, I have contacted cydia and they said they will work something out in the next month or two. So, it's all cool.
    Where did you try contacting Cydia? I wonder if you contacted a Cydia impersonator.

As a person who works for Cydia, I would tell you the same thing you've heard in this thread: there likely won't be another JailbreakMe anytime soon, maybe never, so it's best to just use redsn0w, which is a trustworthy jailbreaking tool used by millions of people.