Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod not recognized

Question iPod not recognized
    Hello. I'm new to the forum and, to be honest, I'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this. So please bear with me.

So here's whats up. I have a 32gb 3rd gen iPod touch running ios 5.0.1. Up until a couple days ago...it was working just fine. I've had it jailbroken for a while and love it. But a couple days ago...I went to sync it with my computer...and absolutely nothing happened. When I plug it in, it autoplays and I can view all the pictures on it...but that's it. It shows up in my computer, but has no drive letter and isn't showing up in itunes. It doesn't show up in the device manager. It seems to be reading as a camera at times. It's like this on both of my computers. Other than that...it works just fine. When using it, there are no obvious issues. I only assume that it's due to having installed a bad tweak or something...but I really don't know. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by jackson51; 02-28-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Probably not a tweak problem. Try rebooting your computer, reinstalling iTunes, and/or using a different USB port.

Done all of the above. None of that would explain why it's like that on every computer I've tried to use it with tho. Or why it's acting the way it is. I'm desperate here people. I can't sync my iPod or anything. Any other thoughts? Somebody's gotta know something.
    Last edited by jackson51; 02-26-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Go to control panel -> administrative tools -> Services. Ensure that the services "Apple Mobile Device" and "iPod Service" are set to "Automatic". If they weren't and you had to change them do a restart of your computer.

I thought that was going to be it...but nothing. Does anybody know how I could enable wifi sync without having my ipod show up in itunes? If I could do that...then I could at least sync my ipod.

You know what...from reading more, I think that I know what I did wrong. I deleted a few launch daemons a little while back...and I may have deleted one that I shouldn't have. Stupid tutorial...haha. Is there anywhere that I could find the daemons to download? Or if anybody could send me theirs...that would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by jackson51; 02-27-2012 at 05:41 PM.

So if anybody has a 3rd gen iPod touch, please pm me.

Well so much for that. I got the launch daemons...but still no luck. I tried to restore it but kept getting error 1611. Looks like I may need a new iPod.

Don't buy a new iPod, wait till an iOS update is released. This will delete any jailbreak you have, the iPod then it might fix itself. If it doesn't Apple can repair it if you send it off and there won't be a trace of a jailbreak.

That is a possibility. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the jailbreak tho. If I do get a new one, it won't be any time soon. It works for now...I just can't put anything new on it. I'm trying to figure out how to enable wifi sync without it being connected to itunes. Anybody got any ideas on that?