Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brand New to Cydia - Having Issues

Default Brand New to Cydia - Having Issues
    Hey, just joined and just jailbroke the touch last night. Went really smooth. So I've never used cydia before and I'm having 2 issues. First the reason i went down this road was for external ipod controls (EIC), but in cydia it states "Unable to Purchase, It is not known whether this product is supported on your iOS version. We are waiting to hear back from the vendor." I've searched the web and several sites appear to indicate EIC works fine on 5.0.1. Anyone got it running? If so what's the work around for this "unable to purchase" block? Second issue, when i tried to login in with my Google account it asked something about access to friends and contacts, I said No Thanks but that appears to have denied my login. Do have to share the friends and contacts? If so does cydia really have email address's and phone #s for all my Google contacts if I accept?

Great site, Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by PatheticJoe View Post
    First the reason i went down this road was for external ipod controls (EIC), but in cydia it states "Unable to Purchase, It is not known whether this product is supported on your iOS version. We are waiting to hear back from the vendor." I've searched the web and several sites appear to indicate EIC works fine on 5.0.1. Anyone got it running? If so what's the work around for this "unable to purchase" block?
    You will need to contact the vendor to get them to list the repository block on that package. I am not in a position to sell you things which the person who made the product has not stated works.

Quote Originally Posted by PatheticJoe View Post
    Second issue, when i tried to login in with my Google account it asked something about access to friends and contacts, I said No Thanks but that appears to have denied my login. Do have to share the friends and contacts? If so does cydia really have email address's and phone #s for all my Google contacts if I accept?
    This permission does /not/ give Cydia access to e-mail addresses or phone numbers of Google contacts. I am not certain where you got that information (or who told it to you, etc.), but it is false information. This particular permission was designed by Google for purposes of Open Social, and provides very minimal information: even less, for example, than Facebook's minimal level of information that is given to applications. Cydia uses this access to get your name and profile picture, as well as your Google account #. Unfortunately, Cydia's notion of "account" does not work without that #. Feel free to revoke the permission immediately after you are done making your purchase.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

PatheticJoe (02-18-2012)

Well nothing like getting information straight from the source, Thanks Saurik.