+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem witth typing in applications

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default problem witth typing in applications
    Hi guys i recently downloaded “Siriport" which is siri without a proxy- How ever im not sure if it happend straight after it but today i noticed when i open an app for example facebook, Paypal, Ebay when i go to type it "freezes" if i use SMS it doenst freeze or notes . its just apps but when i boot my iphone into safemode without anything on it it works fine..

So im wondering if its siriport? or something else? Shall i remove siriport?

Thanks if you could help

iPhone? More like MyPhone thechronic's Avatar
    Thanks

I cant find a way to remove siriport without getting stuck in a safemode loop.

and its making my phone really slow too.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

I believe Siriport is kind of like a version of Spire with the proxy included. Some people with Spire have reported app crashing issues and similar problems after having it installed, so yes, uninstalling it might be worth a try.
    Last edited by brittag; 02-06-2012 at 06:55 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem. I read there was a solution somewhere...but I can't find it currently. Unfortunately the only fix I find works is to uninstall Siriport. I have heard that uninstalling My3G works but that didn't for me. I've heard that with spire you can delete some things that fixes it once you have a proxy server.

Just found it...or at least one. It says to install corona. I'll try that and let you know.

Edit: When I did a clean jailbreak and installed siriport the problem did not appear until later...which I find odd.

Just tried it, no luck. I don't know what happens but eventually after installing Siriport it screws something up. Factoid: It runs beautifully in safemode...maybe someone with more knowledge can tell us why that might happen.

Fixed it. ( for me ). Tonefxs seems to screw it up.
    Last edited by Hockaday.; 02-17-2012 at 08:15 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, same problem, freezing in some apps while typing turned out to be the Voice ActionMenu Plugin. Turning it off in the ActionMenu settings cured it. I was using Spire though.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Spire and SiriPort are both problematic. I have used Spire and found it very stressful on the device. Spire is a memory leak and a memory hog as well as a major problem. At this point, it looks like Spire is pretty much dead. Chpwn already announced that they probably will not release another version of Spire. I can't say what causes issues with Spire, but I could bet money that it's because it hogs all the memory. In my opinion, stay away from Spire and SiriPort. They will only cause you issues.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have had no problems with Spire other than this conflict with Voice ActionMenu Plugin and playing downloaded YourTube files. Although iFile still plays them OK.
    Spire works well with the Apple proxy
    https://guzzoni.apple.com
    if you use AssistantConnect and have a friend with an iPhone 4S who can use AssistantConnect4S and email you it's data.
    It also works well with Google servers if you use the proxy address
    https://siri.wordjelly.com:4443 (make sure you dont have AssistantConnect installed)
    And install their WordJelly SireServer profile from their website.