+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Need "libutil" to proceed installing system-cmds package

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Hi! First of all i want to say hi to everyone in here, i'm a new member but have used iPhones for some years now. My latest phone, the iPhone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I Need "libutil" to proceed installing system-cmds package
    Hi!
    First of all i want to say hi to everyone in here, i'm a new member but have used iPhones for some years now.
    My latest phone, the iPhone 4S is jailbroken with absinthe 0.3 and so far i have not got any errors.
    Untill now, i read a guide (Download iOS 5 Battery Fix to improve iPhone 4S 5.0.1 battery) that you should install some battery fix to improove the battery time on the jailbroken iPhone.
    So i read in the guide that the following packages is needed: Erica Utilities, bash, system-cmds
    Erica utilities and bash is already installed, the error i have is with system-cmds, i can not install it without the libutil package.
    When i google it, it actually says that it should be in the Telesphoreo package (apt.saurik.com) wich is already added as a source but when i search for it i can not find it.
    So what should i do to get this libutil package?
    I downloaded libutil_11-9_darwin-arm.deb in iFile and hit Installer and just get errors "package architecture (darwin-arm) does not match system (iphoneos-arm).

Hoping to get useful help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Managed to solve this problem myself after a long time of google'ing.
    HACKSTOR: [Download] Direct Links for ALL Saurik Cydia Repo
    Perfect, just check http://modmyi.com/cydia/ of wich is the latest version and the exact filename and then look it up, download on the iPhone and open with iFile and install it trought there.
    Maybe there is more of users that wonderd the same thing, so here's the solution!

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

That battery fix is not actually helpful - see this analysis from a reputable developer.

Anyway, the trouble could have been that you needed to set Cydia to see you as a "hacker" or "developer" instead of just a "user". This can affect your search results. To change your user setting on an iPhone or iPod, go to Manage and then tap Settings at the top left.