Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can Cydia Add Sources, So I can DELETE Installer?!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Can Cydia Add Sources, So I can DELETE Installer?!!!!
    I am so tired of installer!!! Every other day there is an issue (mine is crashing, and the package download error thing is going on, it's slow, what else???)

Can Cydia help these developers covert their plists, so we can move on with our lives!

I'm losing control!!!

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

COMPLETELY AGREE god between every bug and then every other bug added in each version installer is pretty much impossible to use.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Make your own then.

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Make my own what dude? Dont be a hero. Join the bandwagon.

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techgirl View Post
    Make my own what dude? Dont be a hero. Join the bandwagon.
    Don't be a hero? Uhmm..yeah. Join what bandwagon? I don't follow people thank you very much.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

I think her suggestion was pretty reasonable if not a good idea.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Thanks

Yeah it was but we don't need new threads for every complain. I understand what she means because installer is real slow, but things take time.

Thanks

Ste's Cydia source is nearing completion. That's over 300 packages more to be added to Cydia. I hope that's good news to you.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

GodzillaAteMyiPhone (03-21-2008)

I would join the bandwagon but it is much more fun to sabotage it so the back wheels fall off. But Installer is very slow. Very very slow.

so cydia is adding 300 of their own packages? As in their choosing the packages? Wouldnt it be better if we just got I add our own sources?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

You can't add sources in Cydia yet, but that doesn't matter quite yet anyway - Installer sources don't work in Cydia, they're Installer sources. Completely different backend.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    You can't add sources in Cydia yet, but that doesn't matter quite yet anyway - Installer sources don't work in Cydia, they're Installer sources. Completely different backend.

oh damn i see what you mean, i thought any source would work on cydia guess not, so all sources would have to convert to cydia or something. haha maybe shutting down installer and forcing everyone to switch to cydia, or making some kind of source converter to make it compatible with cydia that would be nice

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x

just wondering if I install cydia will it over write or mess up any of the programs I have installed or created ? I don't even want to try unless someone has tried and knows if my sexy 1st gen will make it , thanks

You must be one of those people who lives and stands by their principles, and I respect that. However, a few out of the bunch fails to realize and accept reality. You fail to leave behind your principles and listen to reason. If you don't follow others, make your own jailbreaking/unlocking solution and compile your own apps.

It seems as if you only joined a few months ago, yes this account is brand new as I've forgot the previous password to MMi and access to my email account to restore the password. I had to leave the iPhone community because my job required a specific device, but I've been around since 1.0.1. However since my last use, it seems as if Cydia is widely accept as to when it first release.

Cydia is available now, Installer is soon to be release, however what is wrong with a bandwagon calling for developers to release apps on a single installer. And yes, Installer was the since beginning, however competition is healthy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cyndia is much better, it uses light weight fake bsd subsystem which wont mess ur iphones base system. If cyndia had better source system it would be no.1 easily.