+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: after upgrade cydia says unable to load untrusted server certificate

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
i just upgraded cydia installer apt 1.0 or 1.1 not to sure. now cydia wont load it says "network error unable to load untrusted server certificate"but my internet works fine...i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default after upgrade cydia says unable to load untrusted server certificate
    i just upgraded cydia installer apt 1.0 or 1.1 not to sure. now cydia wont load it says "network error unable to load untrusted server certificate"but my internet works fine...i have an iphone 3g 3.1.3 can someone help me fix this without having to re-jailbreak

Thanks

this is the response from saurik

"That error actually means that your device has an incorrect date accidentally set sometime far in the past - you should check its Settings panel for Date & Time and fix it, and then this will work properly."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Network Error : Unable to Load (untrusted server certificate)
    I am having the same message. I have an ipod Touch 3.1.2 16g. that was unused for a long time, maybe over a year, not sure. The battery was completely dead. I charged it, opened up Cydia, and it asked to upgrade. I chose complete upgrade. After it finished, I hit the springboard, and now this error message. I reset the time and date ( yes it had gone to 1970), but still get the same error message. I powered it down, and back up again. I don't know if I didn't notice it before, but one screen has 'Unable to Load (no Internet connection)' and another has 'Unable to Load (untrusted server certificate)'. Safari is working, so it's not that I can't access the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: Even though I get the error screens (with the Unable to Load message on them), I was still able to download an app. I searched for an app and tried to download it, even though the screen was an error message, it was still downloaded. Very strange. So it it functional, but very ugly. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Riley Fuzzel; 03-31-2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: New information

ljf
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have had a similar problem but trying to change the date doesn't do anything. What do I set the date to?
    Here is my thread: Cydia Network certificate error