+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia repository fetch fails

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
During Cydia launch the fetch fails even though the domain is listed in the App Manager. Error reads; http://ispaziorepository.com/./Packages.gz HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found. No router or opendns filter on domain.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Cydia repository fetch fails
    During Cydia launch the fetch fails even though the domain is listed in the App Manager. Error reads; http://ispaziorepository.com/./Packages.gz HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found. No router or opendns filter on domain.

Suggestions appreciated...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkN62 For This Useful Post:

aketh (04-06-2011)

Thanks

I'm getting the same error message when opening Cydia.....?

\/ Possibly \/
    iSpazio repository new Cydia address
    Last edited by qRacecaRp; 02-22-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'll call your possibly and raise you 1. Tried http://ispaziorepo.com/cydia/apt which has other errors & doesnt remain in source list. If it were successful I'm curious how to remove old source @ http://ispaziorepository.com/cydia/apt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yup me too I get this: SOME ONE HELP!!!

W: GPG error: H&D iPhone Team hnd Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1249480525 KEYEXPIRED 1249480525 KEYEXPIRED 1249480525
    W: Failed to fetch http://cydia.zodttd.com/repo/cydia/./Packages.gz HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://apt.saurik.com/./Packages.gz HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://apt.modmyi.com/./Packages.gz HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/./Packages.gz HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (35: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
    Fetched 1972B in 17s (113B/s)

Green Apple
    Thanks

getting the exact same errors on the exact same repositories since upgrading to 4.3.1 and new cydia

7. The Following User Says Thank You to techyogi For This Useful Post:

Avalanchenut (04-10-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Getting the same errors as iphone 559 since I jailbroke with pwnage and restored backup using pkgbackup.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mklpickle For This Useful Post:

sandro57 (04-12-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same errors here. can't install my sbsettings which is the main reason i jailbreak my phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was able to re-add the default sources. Click on Sources on home page of Cydia. The default 3 should be at the top. Click them one by one. The disappear afterwards. If you then go to sources list in Manage tab, you'll see the same sources listed twice. Errors still pop up, but packages load via "new" repositories. Tried to edit them out via SSH. No luck.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I fixed it. The ONLY solution I could find, after torquing around with this for a few days, was to do a new restore and jailbreak. This time, after doing that, when setting up the restore from PkgBackup, I deliberately selected to NOT restore the Cydia repo list. I then manually entered the repos that I wanted following the PkgBackup restore.

I post this here just in case anyone else has run into this issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    All I did was my reg update of cydia and everything is gone. Everything was working fine.
    Any ideas to fix other then jailbreak again.

My multi taskbar is blank as well.

I tried to add the 3 default repo and says it adds but nothing there and then returns the black error page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cydia repository fetch fails-photo1.png   Cydia repository fetch fails-photo2.png   Cydia repository fetch fails-photo3.png   Cydia repository fetch fails-photo4.png  

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pluto459 For This Useful Post:

sandro57 (04-12-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    found this in a related thread and seems to work for cydia, but my multi taskbar is still empty

navigate to var/lib/apt/lists,
    delete everything EXCEPT the partial folder
    go in to the partial folder and delete everything in there

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

If you don't have iFile, download it from Cydia.

Open iFile.

Navigate to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d

Delete the file "cydia.list" (click EDIT on the top right, select the file, and click the waste basket).

Navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists

Delete all of the files in this folder except the one called "lock"

Navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists/partial

Delete all of the files in this folder

Navigate to /var/lib/cydia

Delete the file "metadata.plist"

Close iFile and restart Cydia. You should be at the first screen you saw when you first started Cydia: What kind of user are you? Make your selection and Cydia will re-generate the default sources.

Good luck.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigorangekitty For This Useful Post:

ajg23 (04-26-2011), blackstarfusion (04-12-2011), buenorock (04-10-2011), squirreltown (04-16-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigorangekitty View Post

Open iFile.

Delete the file "cydia.list" (click EDIT on the top right, select the file, and click the waste basket).

Close iFile and restart Cydia. You should be at the first screen you saw when you first started Cydia: What kind of user are you? Make your selection and Cydia will re-generate the default sources.

Good luck.
    Tried that. Now Cydia is completely empty with no repos at all.

How do I repopulate it?

Jim

OK. I deleted the partial folder. Can I SSH a new one in?

Jim
    Last edited by flight-medic-752; 04-11-2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

didnt help....everything went blank.....

U do though have kinda correct idea there.

When del these: /var/lib/apt/lists all repos became empty but no error msg.

So those kinda have the repo stuff in them. Now just need to find out how to delete the repos that are 'broken' or give those error msgs. Like mine here!

I kinda gave some hars feedback to pkgbackup makers and looks they got update yesterday to fix this problem a bit...they admitted that the app is a piece of ****. Bit pricey piece of **** in my opinion as it does fux0r up things, incl these repos.

/private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list and /metadata.plist/var/lib/cydia seem to be made automatically of what ever repos listed in user sources.

Those errors themselves dont matter in my opinion.Cydia just giving those 404 errors as in my case they are empty.

If there is anyone wiser reading this thread make suggestions.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Board merged these 2 posts and I thought to leave 1st one untouched as kinda scared me as Cydia became tot blank. So can say now that no worries
    __________________________________________________ _____________

I did the same above cleanup 3x and then 4th time starting Cydia all was returned to normal. Cydia found itself correct repos and the empty ones didnt come back to haunt anymore...

Great tnx Bigirangekitty!! No more error messages.

flight-medic-752: just make empty folder 'partial' there. Cydia will then repopulate all stuff in there and elsewehere too
    Last edited by antsu; 04-11-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I recreated the folder and re-springed but still getting the error message: "Lists directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial is missing." I just verified the folder is there.

Jim

I just re-jailbroke RC12. Now everything is fine :-)
    Last edited by flight-medic-752; 04-11-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking bigorangekitty is my hero!
    I did what you said (after being too scared to straight up delete those files before reading your post!) and it worked! Thank you!

Hey everybody, make sure you exit Cydia AND *terminate it* before doing this.

BTW, I *did* delete the file "lock" accidentally, but it was re-created along with the repositories.

Thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Worked for me too
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg23 View Post
    I did what you said (after being too scared to straight up delete those files before reading your post!) and it worked! Thank you!

Hey everybody, make sure you exit Cydia AND *terminate it* before doing this.

BTW, I *did* delete the file "lock" accidentally, but it was re-created along with the repositories.

Thank you!
    This worked for me too. I made sure not to delete the "lock" fiile and "partial" folder.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigorangekitty View Post

Open iFile.

Good luck.

amezing uummmaaaahhhhh its work for me accept i canot open my "CYDIA HOME PAGE"
    so i canot add more cydia packges from there .It said network error UNABLE TO LOAD (COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE SERVER) CHECK IF U CAN HELP ME ABOUT IT { [email protected] }

but its a great help andupload bro_THANKS