Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: question about cydia store

Default question about cydia store
    hey recently i bought some stuff in the cydia store but im about to sell my ipod and buy the new one and jailbreak it(when the new jailbreak comes out)when i do this do i lose everything i bought?or can i redownload everything free?if so could anyone post a small guide on that,thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Why not just when you sell the phone sell it with that installed so the next guy pays you for it?

Cydia was originally created for people to share hacks for free not pay for them, in this idea why did you download them, were they really that good? I can only seeing quickreply worth paying for

i cant expect them to pay them more just because i bought a few stuff in the cydia store they probably dont even want.
    i just need a solution for this.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Purchasing apps from Cydia is account specific and not device specific. If you purchased a Cydia app, and you go get a new device and try to download it again, it will ask you to login. Once you login, it will obviously know you already purchased and will allow you to download again. The buyer will not get the apps you bought unless you go giving them your login info.

Expect that some apps might have to get paid for again. Don't know why but some check out systems don't do it this way in Cydia. But for the most part, you should be fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

justroyer (09-25-2010)

big thanks i understand now

Thanks

No problem

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Purchasing apps from Cydia is account specific and not device specific. If you purchased a Cydia app, and you go get a new device and try to download it again, it will ask you to login. Once you login, it will obviously know you already purchased and will allow you to download again. The buyer will not get the apps you bought unless you go giving them your login info.

Expect that some apps might have to get paid for again. Don't know why but some check out systems don't do it this way in Cydia. But for the most part, you should be fine.
    I am going to have to differ on your statement.

When I upgraded from 3gs to iPhone 4 I did just as you said in your post.

I logged in and it said already purchased and when I tried to down load I got an error from Big Boss that I would have to email Saurik, and gave his email addy, to resolve this problem.

I emailed Saurik and to this day he has not replied back.

I purchased all the paid apps again cost me $40 or $50 dollars.

I guess that is a donation to Saurik!

Thanks

Like I said, some apps don't work that way so expect to pay again. I've heard plenty of stories where people have gotten a 3GS and got the apps they bought in their 3G onto the new phone just fine by logging in. Disagree as you like, that's how it's supposed to work. It doesn't always work for some people, but that's what it is.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Like I said, some apps don't work that way so expect to pay again. I've heard plenty of stories where people have gotten a 3GS and got the apps they bought in their 3G onto the new phone just fine by logging in. Disagree as you like, that's how it's supposed to work. It doesn't always work for some people, but that's what it is.
    I guess all the apps I bought were some apps.