Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia updates, and freeze on respring

Default Cydia updates, and freeze on respring
    I just updated cydia's essentials (i think there were 6 updates suggested).
    A black background showing all the updates being installed showed up, then I hit "respring" and now my iphone is frozen on the "Loading changes" logo.

There's nowhere I can click and none of the buttons are working.

Another weird thing is that there seems to be 2 "loading circles" instead of one!

It's been "loading" for over an hour now, and i have no idea what to do! I dont want to reinstall all my apps and would like to be able to use my phone again!

Anyone knows how to solve that problem?

Thanks for your help
    Kim

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Power down the iphone.

If necessary hold power button and home button down till you see the screen go black then release when you see the boot logo!

Thanks for the answer, but yesterday I went to sleep an hour after posting that message. So I just read your suggestion and finally didn't need to give it a try.

Just for the information, I want to let you guys know that after the battery was completely drained the iphone just shut down by itself. And when I woke up today I plugged it into my Mac, opened iTunes and waited for the phone to be charged enough to be detected by iTunes. Then i just ejected it from iTunes, and charged it with its charger and everything is back to normal. I think the updates also works (or atleast Cydia is not suggesting any more updates).

So everything is back to normal! just needed to be VERY patient (which is easier when you're asleep)!