+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Help Please!!!!!

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
all of the sudden mt cydia is tremendously slow like by a couple of minutes. I know notice at the top of my cydia homepage it states: This device has
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cydia Help Please!!!!!
    all of the sudden mt cydia is tremendously slow like by a couple of minutes. I know notice at the top of my cydia homepage it states: This device has SHSHs on file for iphone OS/iOS: 4.0, 4.0.1? Is this on everyones or did I install this with out paying attention because I don't have 4.0 anything. A couple of weeks ago I hit accept on something asking for something to make it easier????? I didn't mean to hit yes to it I was trying to read about it but I have no idea what it was. After that happen I know have this app called "Rock" on my phone not sure how that got on there maybe it had something to do with whatever I hit yes to. Point being after I hit yes to whatever that was is when my cydia change to slow. I have a 3G 3.1.2(7D11) unlocked iphone. Any Help?????

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you told cydia to save your shsh by clicking "make my life easier"!!!!!
    It shouldn't cause your phone to slow, it means youll be able to downgrade to 4.0 or 4.0.1 now that apple's stopped signing it!!!

Also what do you mean "slow by a couple of minutes"??????

Thanks

Cypher's right. You did a smart thing by clicking 'make my life easier.' If you're Cydia is slow to load changes, look here Loading Changes Tab in Cydia takes minutes and find the post by broncosi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When I say slow is when I open Cydia it will show loading data or loading changes etc for about 3-5 min sometimes even longer. Sorry I'm still a litte confused and new to the iphone world What do you mean by me being able to downgrade to 4.0 or 4.0.1? Is this the version your talking about if so I have 3.1.2 version so is this something I do need?

I'll take a look, Thanks Soulthoughts.
    Last edited by reneetyson4; 09-01-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost