+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iWeather Widget configuration

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
I searched for any threads and I couldn't find any, if there are any, then I apologize for the multiple posts. I'm trying to find out how to make the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iWeather Widget configuration
    I searched for any threads and I couldn't find any, if there are any, then I apologize for the multiple posts.

I'm trying to find out how to make the font black, or in a darker color. I looked up what the syntax for RGBA(x,x,x,x) is, but apparently in the .css file for the iWeather3 stylesheet, it's for text shadow. Anybody have a clue on how to change the color of the font?

Also, I noticed this morning that it says "mostly sunny", and the phrase was too big and it pushed over to the other side. I made some changes, and the screen shot can be found below.

I don't have much experience with the actual programming. The only language I know is Matlab, which is why I can kind of find my way around.

Thanks for reading

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there, do you have or know a step by step in order to figure out the weather location? .... Been working on this for a while now. I live in Ottawa Canada. Any advice apprectiated man! Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
    Hi there, do you have or know a step by step in order to figure out the weather location? .... Been working on this for a while now. I live in Ottawa Canada. Any advice apprectiated man! Thanks
    If you go to

/Library/Themes/iWeather Widget.theme/

And if you edit the file "configureme.js" with any text editing software, you will see a bunch of green comments explaining how to configure some options.

I had a couple of problems inserting the postal codes for Ottawa, ON. However, after searching on google for "Accuweather Apple" (since it's the source of what iWeather uses), you get to the site in iPhone format and I figured out how to get Ottawa. If you use "Ottawa, CA" in the search box for Accuweather Apple, you will get Ottawa, ON. With that, I edited the "configureme.js" file and inserted Ottawa, CA into the location, respringed my phone and I got the current conditions for Ottawa, ON.

Hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't find where to replace washington with ottawa? This is awesome man thanks! Do you know the correct area I will have to replacethe location. I use ifile

// if using the default, Apple/AccuWeather parser (originally from Leopard's Weather.wdgt)
    var locale = "20001" *//"OCN|AU|VIC|MELBOURNE" //"ASI|PH|RP077|MAKATI" //e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio'|'Moscow, Russia'|'Ledyard, AT'|'London, UK'

Is this the area where I will want to edit for Ottawa?
    Last edited by Crymson; 08-30-2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Was able to change location by editing the configureme.js file but I can't figure out how to change the wallpaper image. Any help would be appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TroyJam View Post
    Was able to change location by editing the configureme.js file but I can't figure out how to change the wallpaper image. Any help would be appreciated.
    If you read the "readme.txt" in /Library/Themes/iWeather Widget.theme

You can see where the wallpaper used is located. Or... the path is found here: /private/var/stash/Wallpaper/iPhone/[email protected]

Take the wallpaper you want, make sure it's the in the right dimensions which are 640x960 pixels, I believe. Then rename that picture file to [email protected] and replace it in that path. Respring and your wallpaper should be the picture you inserted in there.

Have you found out how to change the font color?
    Last edited by mfong; 08-30-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mfong For This Useful Post:

TroyJam (08-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfong View Post
    If you read the "readme.txt" in /Library/Themes/iWeather Widget.theme

You can see where the wallpaper used is located. Or... the path is found here: /private/var/stash/Wallpaper/iPhone/[email protected]

Take the wallpaper you want, make sure it's the in the right dimensions which are 640x960 pixels, I believe. Then rename that picture file to [email protected] and replace it in that path. Respring and your wallpaper should be the picture you inserted in there.

Have you found out how to change the font color?
    Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Try the latest version of iWeather Widget
    Hello Everyone,

I just posted version 1.3 of iWeather Widget to ModMyi. It includes a couple enhancements. Easy wallpaper changing was a huge request.

New in version 1.3:
    - Two Modes (default 3 day forecast, and a 6 day forecast)
    - Easy Wallpaper Integration - You set your wallpaper the normal way through Settings-->Wallpaper. (respring if you change what is selected.)
    - Formatting Bug fix for long running descriptions of the current conditions (Like "Mostly Cloudy")

Enjoy the new version!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to evilshade For This Useful Post:

mfong (08-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evilshade View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I just posted version 1.3 of iWeather Widget to ModMyi. It includes a couple enhancements. Easy wallpaper changing was a huge request.

New in version 1.3:
    - Two Modes (default 3 day forecast, and a 6 day forecast)
    - Easy Wallpaper Integration - You set your wallpaper the normal way through Settings-->Wallpaper. (respring if you change what is selected.)
    - Formatting Bug fix for long running descriptions of the current conditions (Like "Mostly Cloudy")

Enjoy the new version!
    This could be more difficult than I think it may be. Is there a way where you can link the 1st city in the default weather app into your widget? For example, I can set DCA as my 1st page, then if I travel to Boston, I would set Boston as my 1st page. Then your widget would recall the zip code from the default weather app whenever your widget would refresh. Does this make sense to you? So that one would not have to go through SSH to change the location? This would be convenient for someone who traveled often.

Like, I said, I don't know how to program this, but I can understand the syntax somewhat because I have experience in other languages.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A number of folks also seem to want a black text style for light colored wallpapers. I will include black styles of the different modes in the next release with instructions for further customization.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A number of folks also seem to want a black text style for light colored wallpapers. I will include black styles of the different modes in the next release with instructions for further customization.
    It was self explanatory if you saw the "configureme.js" file. The only font color that didn't change was the temperature in the forecast, other than that, everything changed to a color of my liking. Just googled css color chart, and got a boat load of color names.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The widget is not GPS or Native Apple Weather app integrated. It might be easier to create a front-end GUI app to change different settings. That could be a fun project.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The widget is not GPS or Native Apple Weather app integrated. It might be easier to create a front-end GUI app to change different settings. That could be a fun project.
    Yeah, like I said, I'm not an expert on this stuff. Sorry about the ignorance. However, if you can point me in the correct direction on how to make that. Do you think it would be difficult? ... haha

Never got to thank you for the widget. Thanks =D

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default forcast icons and some customization
    Hi,

Is there a reason why the 3-day or 6-day forcast icon are all the same? Seems like it set to a default image and not neccesary reflective of what that day's weather will be like.

Also, I tried using katra iconset and the today's icon of the sun seemed squeezed. Not perfectly circled as the orignal file image looked like.

How can I add the today's high/low temperature under the "sunny" text?

Thanks and great work on this theme.

Big Question: Any chance this can be placed on the lockscreen?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdvo View Post
    Hi,

Is there a reason why the 3-day or 6-day forcast icon are all the same? Seems like it set to a default image and not neccesary reflective of what that day's weather will be like.

Also, I tried using katra iconset and the today's icon of the sun seemed squeezed. Not perfectly circled as the orignal file image looked like.

How can I add the today's high/low temperature under the "sunny" text?

Thanks and great work on this theme.

Big Question: Any chance this can be placed on the lockscreen?
    I agreed that the icons for variations of "cloudy" with the "HTC" image set were too similar. It isn't quite displaying a default image like you are saying, but the image used for Partly Cloudy and Mostly Sunny (and others) were essentially the same... Version 1.4 will be available later on today and it has that addressed with a new default image set.

The "katra" images are not formatted to be a perfect square. (Most of them are 240x200) The widget prefers the images have square dimensions, otherwise some squeezing will occur.

Lockscreen usage is technically possible with the ".js" files included. I utilize the "Lock Calendar" app for the lock screen, so I didn't have a want/need to get it working well on that side.

There are a few other nice enhancements included in version 1.4. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Weather info not accurate. I'm currently using Apple weather source and it's way off. TWC.com shows 89, stock iphone app shows 89 but iWeather shows 95. What's up?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The widget uses Apple/Accuweather as its default source. (The widget output is identical to the information you get from accuweather.com.)

The native/stock iPhone app is pulling from Yahoo.

TWC has its own information.

I guess things don't have to line up perfectly... The weather information for the current conditions is in sync across these sources for my location. The forecast seems to deviate by a couple of degrees across them all.

iWeather is updating every 35 minutes if you are using the default. (You can cause it to refresh immediately if you respring.) I will take a wild guess and say perhaps temperatures changed in your area and you were looking at "semi-stale" data with the widget.

If you really feel like the information coming from Accuweather is incorrect, you can switch the weather source to Yahoo for the widget, but you will lose the forecast information for the coming days.

I hope this helps!

Green Apple
    Thanks

check it out.

I respring everything and this is how the weather deviate. Very strange.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdvo View Post
    check it out.

I respring everything and this is how the weather deviate. Very strange.

I guess you just don't like how the different sources aren't all reporting the same thing... I guess they all need better reporting from your area. They probably don't all take their readings from the same location...

Accuweather:
    AccuWeather.com - Yorba Linda, CA Weather Details: Local Yorba Linda Weather Forecast

Yahoo:
    6 to 10 Day Extended Weather Forecast for Yorba Linda -weather.com

TWC:
    10 Day Weather Forecast for Yorba Linda, CA - weather.com

All of those numbers are different. I don't really know why "weather.com" reports TWC and Yahoo values for the same location differently....

---

Anyway, version 1.4 of iWeather Widget should hit Cydia later on today. I hope folks like some of the requested enhancements.

Green Apple
    Thanks

evilshade:

So I took your theme and mod it to use on the lockscreen. Thanks for the great work. However, now I'm getting frequent safemode reboot. Not sure what causing it or why it happens. can you check out my file and see if you can spot something wrong? Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2v94ldi7ejmdvw
    Last edited by jdvo; 09-02-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: new file

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast