Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone out there can help me

Default Anyone out there can help me
    I tried to install fcsb but mid install it gave me error code 127 script and locked me in safemode. Tried to use the Rock app to uninstall but it is not listed as a app. Cydia can't uninstall either. Reboot does not help. Can someone please walk me through a fix? I'm very new so easy please

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Can you SSH into your phone?

I'm sorry I don't even know what that is. I'm one of those pepople that probably shouldnt have jailbroken. I thought it was going to be easy but I guess not for me. Thank you so much for the reply

Thanks

Hm, well you could always restore if you have a 2G or 3G phone or if you have SHSH blobs for any other phone.

Just let me know which phone you have and I can help you restore (under certain circumstances i mean depending on device).
    Last edited by i.Annie; 08-25-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella33 View Post
    I tried to install fcsb but mid install it gave me error code 127 script and locked me in safemode. Tried to use the Rock app to uninstall but it is not listed as a app. Cydia can't uninstall either. Reboot does not help. Can someone please walk me through a fix? I'm very new so easy please

Don't know what fcsb is but if its an app then install CyDelete in Cydia then hold the icons down till they start wiggling then tap the x like Apple Apps

Thanks

Its five column springboard.

Its a common problem to not be able to uninstall it. Most resolve in a restore or SSHing into the device to remove if Cydia or Rockapp dont allow it.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 08-26-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-26-2010)

I have a iPhone 4 yes I need to restore thanks so much but my TSS is still pending

Thanks

And when exactly did you save your SHSHs? Anytime after 08/19 you wont be able to get 4.0.1. You can only get 4.0.2 now which cant be jailbroken.

August 20th so I guess I'm screwed. Question if I keep this jailbreak do they ever update? Also I have a double home screen different icons. The one in the background says exit safemode. The one in the forground I can use apps like usually. How can I get rid of the double home screens? If I decide to restore do I have to do anything special, or just hook my phone to itunes and click restore?(loosing jailbreak of course) everything seems find now if I can get rid of the home screen in the background

1) Double home screens?
    2) If you want to restore, losing your jailbreak, connect device and press update.

Is the home scren an actual background set?

Default double screens
    yes I used vwallpaper, while its beautiful it uses alot of battery power so I changed it to a regular wallpaper but my background was just icons on a black screen, and not my usual wallpaper. I went into settings to change my wallpaper back to my usual picture this time it set but I noticed that behind this screen was another screen the one that was stuck on safe mode
    its transparent so I can see the screen behind almost identical but from a previous time when my screen crashed and could'nt get it out of safemode after installing fcsb. I tried uninstalling the wallpaper app I used but still double screen. Could that be a lock screen? I don't think so cause I have a different photo on my lock screen. The screen on top I can move to the next page, but the screen behind it is just stuck in safe
    Last edited by Cinderella33; 08-28-2010 at 01:46 AM.

I don't know if anyone here can help. Is this problem affecting the use of your device at all ot just the looks.

I guess it's up to you if it's not actually a "problem".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to korin125 For This Useful Post:

Cinderella33 (08-29-2010)

FCSB Uninstall Error Fix

TOOLS: Secure Shell Connection (SSH) or iFile
    SSH PROG: Putty, WinSCP, FileZilla (All free)

Delete Folder: /Library/FCSB
    Delete File : /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/FCSB.dylib

It worked for me. Hope it works for you too. GL
    Last edited by theDirtyDuB; 09-02-2010 at 12:56 AM.

QFT

I had my phone go into safe mode last night because of the five column and row stuff. Those are the devils work.

but yea a restore fixed all the problems. . . along with all my contacts. . .