Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purchase in Cydia - a real mess

Angry Purchasing apps in Cydia - a real mess
    Why is it so troublesome to pay through Cydia?

When I enter my email address there is an autocorrection, which makes no sense at all - for example freenet.de is changed to gambler.net or something like this! WTF?

Apart from that you can hardly read to what the address has been corrected - there is no zooming. This also applies to the security code of course.

Ok, you might think you can paste the address from the clipboard then - but even pasting is not possible in Cydia.

Am I the only one facing these issues?
    Last edited by eyePH0NE; 08-23-2010 at 02:43 AM.

I had similar problems. Last week I was trying to purchase something. I tried using the Amazon payments and it just hung and never completed. So I tried the paypal link, and yes, it was so small as to be unreadable, and one could not zoom in to be able to see the fields.

A couple days later I tried using Amazon again and it worked; maybe that was a passing problem.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Been there and done that last weekend! You're right, the purchasing component of Cydia needs some work!

Let's wait for the Cydia update, I think chpwn is working on it...
    iPhone 4 32GB (iOS 4.2.1 JB) | iPhone 3GS 32GB (iOS 4.01 JB) | iPod touch 4G 8GB (iOS 4.2.1)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

It could use a revamping to give it a more professional appearance, but I can't say I have ever had an issue with trying to purchase something through Cydia.

Next time I purchase something I will take some screenshots ;-)
    iPhone 4 32GB (iOS 4.2.1 JB) | iPhone 3GS 32GB (iOS 4.01 JB) | iPod touch 4G 8GB (iOS 4.2.1)

I haven't been able to purchase anything in cydia for a while. B4 amazon would time out but now I can't even get past the connect with Facebook or google login. I click it and it just hangs

I agree, in fact, I wish that when Cydia took over Rock they moved their stuff over to how Rock does it. Some of my app licenses that I had purchased were not transfered over from Rock to Cydia and now I am finding there is no support from either side to get this issue of mine corrected.

Thanks

^There will be support. Give it time.

Just bought "FolderEnhancer" by ashikase (fantastic tweak by the way, highly recommended ;o) - here is what I meant:

Please consider that this appears much smaller on the iPhone 4. You can hardly read what you type, and it is not possible to zoom.
    Autocorrection does not make any sense at all in these fields (if any).

The same applies here:

There is no need to zoom here. But it is also impossible to scroll this window, so you cannot see the asterisks entered in the password field behind the keyboard.

And finally a screen shot of a minor issue:

At the bottom you can see that there is inforamtion on this page, you can scroll down, but as soon as you take your finger off again, it jumps back again to the empty top of the page.

I would highly appreciate if these issues could be fixed and payment prpcedure will be made easier (maybe I am one of a small bunch of people who are willing to pay for Cydia apps, contrary to those who rely on hack repos
    Last edited by eyePH0NE; 10-01-2010 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks

It could be changed I suppose, I've just never once had an issue entering information or selecting buttons.

i hate autocorrect, i simply turned it off system wide, and my life is easier without it, i havent had issues with purchasing through cydia myself, suffice to say, i agree that the zoom level needs work, is it not that rather than cydias issue relating to autocorrect?
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Oh, I forgot to mention that turning off autocorrection always is one of the first settings I make after a new installation. Looks like Cyida's browser is not based on Safari Mobile?

And I should mention that I have the same problems on my iP4 as well as on my wife's 3GS.