Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firewall iP installed. can't Slide to Unlock?

Default Firewall iP installed. can't Slide to Unlock?
    Hi all,

I'm on my 3GS with 4.0.1. I just got Firewall iP from Cydia. It states that it's compatible with iOS4, but once I installed it (without problem) and restarted SpringBoard, I found that I was unable to slide to unlock my phone. I tried restarting it; no luck. Luckily, I had biteSMS installed, so I sent a quick sms to myself from Google Voice, and tapped Open from biteSMS notification to get into my phone.

Once inside, I open Firewall iP and it popped up a warning about some incompatibilities with SpringBoard extensions (I can't remember the exact long message), but that I was disabled for SpringBoard. Nevertheless, I tapped Ok, slept my iPhone, and I still could no unlock my iPhone. Luckily, SpringBoard crashed into Safe Mode with Mobile Substrate.

I finally just uninstalled Firewall iP. Everything is back to normal.

Here are the apps I have from Cydia installed: SBSettings, biteSMS, Signal and Rock.

What app here is causing, I suspect, some SpringBoard incompatibility with Firewall iP? SBsettings is my guess with it's "swipe-the-top-bar" function (that works even while the phone is locked).

Has anyone else encountered this? This seems like a really sweet app...that I paid for. Is there a fix? OR how I can I get a refund?

Thanks!
    William

UPDATE
    Well...I dunno what just happened. I had Firewall iP uninstalled for a while. Didn't really change any settings in SBSettings, other than disable Apple Killswitch.

I go to Cydia and reinstall Firewall iP, and now it works. No problems.

Odd.

oh well.
    Last edited by guywithbeard; 08-07-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had the same problem with 3GS and iOS4. I didn't notice any incompatibility warnings and after installing restarted the phone. After that, it kept jamming in lockscreen and restarting over and over again. Also touchpad wasn't working properly. And my heart skipped a beat, to tell the truth.

Finally I found a solution, I removed the application data with PC and a file browser and it started working again

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guywithbeard View Post
    Hi all,

I'm on my 3GS with 4.0.1. I just got Firewall iP from Cydia. It states that it's compatible with iOS4, but once I installed it (without problem) and restarted SpringBoard, I found that I was unable to slide to unlock my phone. I tried restarting it; no luck. Luckily, I had biteSMS installed, so I sent a quick sms to myself from Google Voice, and tapped Open from biteSMS notification to get into my phone.

Once inside, I open Firewall iP and it popped up a warning about some incompatibilities with SpringBoard extensions (I can't remember the exact long message), but that I was disabled for SpringBoard. Nevertheless, I tapped Ok, slept my iPhone, and I still could no unlock my iPhone. Luckily, SpringBoard crashed into Safe Mode with Mobile Substrate.

I finally just uninstalled Firewall iP. Everything is back to normal.

Here are the apps I have from Cydia installed: SBSettings, biteSMS, Signal and Rock.

What app here is causing, I suspect, some SpringBoard incompatibility with Firewall iP? SBsettings is my guess with it's "swipe-the-top-bar" function (that works even while the phone is locked).

Has anyone else encountered this? This seems like a really sweet app...that I paid for. Is there a fix? OR how I can I get a refund?

Thanks!
    William

UPDATE
    Well...I dunno what just happened. I had Firewall iP uninstalled for a while. Didn't really change any settings in SBSettings, other than disable Apple Killswitch.

I go to Cydia and reinstall Firewall iP, and now it works. No problems.

Odd.

oh well.

I was just going to reply when I saw that you solved your problem!

I have been using Firewall Ip for a long time and I am on 3gs at 4.01 and is still working! Only difference is that I installed it first on 3.xx and with every update I have never had a problem!

could you guys please help me out, what do I delete using iphonebrowse

I had the same problem with my iPhone 4, thought I was going to have to restore, it finally unlocked when connecting to iTunes, so I removed Firewall IP, I thought it might be a conflict with LockInfo, but I wasn't sure, I haven't tried reinstalling it

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mld54 View Post
    I had the same problem with my iPhone 4, thought I was going to have to restore, it finally unlocked when connecting to iTunes, so I removed Firewall IP, I thought it might be a conflict with LockInfo, but I wasn't sure, I haven't tried reinstalling it
    Just for info purposes

I have Firewall Ip version 1.48 which states it is ISO 4 compatible and LockInfo version 2.3.4.14 which is also ISO 4 compatible and both are working great and no problem on my iPhone 4 firmware 4.01

Wow I was just about to buy Firewall IP in Cydia, then found lots of these threads about users installing it and not able to slide-to-unlock their phones. Most troubling is not a single reply in any of them from the Developer.

I'm running a jailbroken iPhone 3gs with iOS 4.0. Anyone have Firewall IP running okay on this config?

Thanks!

Kupe

Default How did u do that
    Quote Originally Posted by _dbr_ View Post
    I had the same problem with 3GS and iOS4. I didn't notice any incompatibility warnings and after installing restarted the phone. After that, it kept jamming in lockscreen and restarting over and over again. Also touchpad wasn't working properly. And my heart skipped a beat, to tell the truth.

Finally I found a solution, I removed the application data with PC and a file browser and it started working again
    Hi i have a iphone 3gs with slide to unlock not working(touchscreen) do u have a fix for this