+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Updates

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Originally Posted by saurik Those are hidden capability packages that are used by other packages to do things like "I need a camera, don't let me install if the user
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    Those are hidden capability packages that are used by other packages to do things like "I need a camera, don't let me install if the user doesn't have a camera". Obviously, they should not be appearing in something like pkgbackup, which will have to be upgraded to not show them. They are like the "firmware" package.
    When I go as normal user in Cydia and I press Expert mode. I can see all of them. That has nothing to do with pkgbackup.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    If you look earlier in this thread, you should see instructions on installing it.
    I've gone thru the thread but there are so many solutions
    Can u be more specific pls? I'm goin' crazy with this phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same prob but I don't remember how to fix it but I'll look into it I remember it a ez fix it in cydia don't used rock for cydia updates because it will crashs cydia I have all cydia fix file at home I'll look when I get home I'll keep you posted when I find it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The first says "Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)"
    The second says "/var/cache/apt/archives/firmware-sbin_0.1_iphoneos-arm.deb subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1"
    I have same problem when trying to install a package on my iPod 3G. At same time, on my iPod 2G, it install without any problem... What the hell is wrong? Spirit? I tried to JB again, didn't change anything.

EDIT: Ok solved, came from bad repo.
    Last edited by kojinmalia; 06-06-2010 at 05:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've got a jailbroken iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2 - I usually ignore the Cydia updates but for some reason the last time I opened it I did a complete upgrade. Now My iPhone has an unusual amount of "Other" Memory (1.5 gig). My battery life seems to be running out a lot quicker than previously. Last night my iPhone was at 18% and when I plugged it in it jumped to like 44% - That can't be right...somethings definitely amiss. I am convinced its from the latest Cydia update. Is there any way to "undo" that last update via SSH?

Any help is appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by casualuser View Post
    I've got a jailbroken iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2 - I usually ignore the Cydia updates but for some reason the last time I opened it I did a complete upgrade. Now My iPhone has an unusual amount of "Other" Memory (1.5 gig). My battery life seems to be running out a lot quicker than previously. Last night my iPhone was at 18% and when I plugged it in it jumped to like 44% - That can't be right...somethings definitely amiss. I am convinced its from the latest Cydia update. Is there any way to "undo" that last update via SSH?

Any help is appreciated.
    That sounds more like the log bug that Rock had at one point. Are you using Rock?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

casualuser (06-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    That sounds more like the log bug that Rock had at one point. Are you using Rock?
    I remember that bug - I had the Rock log bug a while back and was able to ssh in and delete the update. But this isn't the Rock bug. I noticed these issues only after I did a complete in Cydia. What can I do?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I remember that bug - I had the Rock log bug a while back and was able to ssh in and delete the update. But this isn't the Rock bug. I noticed these issues only after I did a complete in Cydia. What can I do?
    I'd use a file browser and search for files over a certain size. That way you can pin point exactly where the problem is. Personally, I use Total Commander with the T-Pot plugin.

What you can specifically do to fix it, I have no idea about sadly. The only bug I've heard about where people lose disk space is the Rock bug.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd use a file browser and search for files over a certain size. That way you can pin point exactly where the problem is. Personally, I use Total Commander with the T-Pot plugin.

What you can specifically do to fix it, I have no idea about sadly. The only bug I've heard about where people lose disk space is the Rock bug.
    Thanks for the help. I have no experience using file browsers. I use DiskAid to SSH into my iphone - not sure if this is the same.

The disk space issue here isn't as intense as it was with the rock bug. Here other files are only taking up 1.5gig - The real issue is the crazy battery drain. I start at 100% then 3hours later its at 35%. I wonder if I can uninstall Cydia via SSH and then reinstall? Would you be able to help me with that?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Thanks for the help. I have no experience using file browsers. I use DiskAid to SSH into my iphone - not sure if this is the same.

The disk space issue here isn't as intense as it was with the rock bug. Here other files are only taking up 1.5gig - The real issue is the crazy battery drain. I start at 100% then 3hours later its at 35%. I wonder if I can uninstall Cydia via SSH and then reinstall? Would you be able to help me with that?
    Don't know if it'll help, but I can tell you how, yes.

First, you need to make sure MobileTerminal and OpenSSH is installed and that you have the apt-get command. To get that command, I usually install APT 0.7 HTTPS Method but supposedly APT 0.7 Strict is enough. You should test out if the command is working inside MobileTerminal before you remove Cydia.

Once you have that installed, go into MobileTerminal and type:
    su root
    [type in your password, usually alpine]
    apt-get remove cydia
    [it'll ask you for confirmation here, do what it asks you to]
    apt-get install cydia
    reboot

In the above sequence, after you've typed in your password, you can test the apt-get install command by installing something random. I just tested mine by running the command apt-get install cydget (you don't actually have to install it and you can just say no when it asks for confirmation). Do this before you use the apt-get remove command. I stress this because I've seen plenty of people removing Cydia only to find that they can't run the 'apt-get install' command and if you don't have that, it gets a little trickier.
    Last edited by dhamien; 06-09-2010 at 10:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK I followed all the instructions but at the end of the remove cydia process it read:

Removing cydia...
    dpkg - warning: while removing cydia, directory 'var/lib/cydia' not empty so not removed.

Is that supposed to be there? Seems like it was unsuccessful what should I do to fix this?

Don't know if it'll help, but I can tell you how, yes.

First, you need to make sure MobileTerminal and OpenSSH is installed and that you have the apt-get command. To get that command, I usually install APT 0.7 HTTPS Method but supposedly APT 0.7 Strict is enough. You should test out if the command is working inside MobileTerminal before you remove Cydia.

Once you have that installed, go into MobileTerminal and type:
    su root
    [type in your password, usually alpine]
    apt-get remove cydia
    [it'll ask you for confirmation here, do what it asks you to]
    apt-get install cydia
    reboot

In the above sequence, after you've typed in your password, you can test the apt-get install command by installing something random. I just tested mine by running the command apt-get install cydget (you don't actually have to install it and you can just say no when it asks for confirmation). Do this before you use the apt-get remove command. I stress this because I've seen plenty of people removing Cydia only to find that they can't run the 'apt-get install' command and if you don't have that, it gets a little trickier.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It just means there's some files left in the directory. Cydia was uninstalled. Just do the install command now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It just means there's some files left in the directory. Cydia was uninstalled. Just do the install command now.
    ok did the install command and it looks like it worked so I rebooted but now Cydia isn't there! should I try to reinstall it again via mobileTerminal?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ok did the install command and it looks like it worked so I rebooted but now Cydia isn't there! should I try to reinstall it again via mobileTerminal?
    Odd. Yes, try again. See if you get any errors while installing it.

By the way, you should be able to install it through Rock if you still have that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Odd. Yes, try again. See if you get any errors while installing it.

By the way, you should be able to install it through Rock if you still have that.
    An error comes up:

E: Could not perform immediate configuration on 'essential'.Please see man 5 apt.conf under APT::Immediate-Configure for details. (2).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I tried uninstalling my Cydia and I actually got the same error. I haven't found the solution as such, but I did find a workaround to get Cydia installed again.

It requires a bit of explaining and I'm on my phone and am at work right now, so I'll make a post on how to do it when I get home in a few hours.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for everything! I followed your advice and tried to install using Rock app and it worked! Thanks again!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Thanks for everything! I followed your advice and tried to install using Rock app and it worked! Thanks again!
    Ok, that's good to hear

My workaround was actually installing it through Rock. I wasn't sure if you already had Rock, so that's why I said it might require a bit of explaining.

I've never heard of the error message before so I'll probably look into it and I might report back here if I do find a solution. I'm curious about the problem myself to be honest.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Had this problem for a while, go on youtube and type it in, i forgot the exact link, but they all help and tell the same solution.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678