Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Cydia's SHSH signature backup still work?

Default Does Cydia's SHSH signature backup still work?
    I ask because my ip3gt is jailbroken and at the Cydia homescreen it says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.3" shouldn't it say for iPhone OS 3.1.2 since that's what I'm on?

Also, how can I manually back this up? I can't find a definite answer.

This is what it looks like when I open Cydia:

Hope someone can answer this and thanks in advance! I'd like to have it backed up cprrectly in the event that I ever have to do a restore.

You must have been added to the queue after Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 SHSHs, so your SHSHs were automatically signed with 3.1.3 signatures.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Will4042 For This Useful Post:

Krunk_Kracker (02-22-2010)

I just did that today.

So does that mean that I wouldn't be able to backflash to 3.1.2 if for some reason I had to restore it and it forced me to 3.1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    I ask because my ip3gt is jailbroken and at the Cydia homescreen it says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.3" shouldn't it say for iPhone OS 3.1.2 since that's what I'm on?

Also, how can I manually back this up? I can't find a definite answer.

This is what it looks like when I open Cydia:

Hope someone can answer this and thanks in advance! I'd like to have it backed up cprrectly in the event that I ever have to do a restore.
    You can do it manually - see this thread: 3.1 SHSH Blob Grabber

I have mine on file with Cydia, but did a local backup of my SHSH just in case I needed it one day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to murray23 For This Useful Post:

Krunk_Kracker (02-22-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by murray23 View Post
    You can do it manually - see this thread: 3.1 SHSH Blob Grabber

I have mine on file with Cydia, but did a local backup of my SHSH just in case I needed it one day.
    Awesome, I'll do that tomorrow, thanks!

I guess what I have on file with Cydia wont work?

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    Awesome, I'll do that tomorrow, thanks!

I guess what I have on file with Cydia wont work?
    It would only work if you are on a higher firmware than 3.1.3
    So if you went to 3.2 in the future - you should be able to restore back down to 3.1.3 with the Cydia one.

If you can grab your SHSH using the manual method now while on 3.1.2, then you should be able to restore to 3.1.2 using this manual SHSH.

Here is the guide I used to do it: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)
    Last edited by murray23; 02-23-2010 at 03:08 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to murray23 For This Useful Post:

Krunk_Kracker (02-23-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by murray23 View Post
    It would only work if you are on a higher firmware than 3.1.3
    So if you went to 3.2 in the future - you should be able to restore back down to 3.1.3 with the Cydia one.

If you can grab your SHSH using the manual method now while on 3.1.2, then you should be able to restore to 3.1.2 using this manual SHSH.

Here is the guide I used to do it: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)
    I'm following that guid and it's telling me in Umbrella "Could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry."

I've input my ECID correctly and selected iPod Touch 3G - 3.1.2 for device and Apple for Repository. It doesn't work with the Cydia or localhost repo's either.

Alright, so it backed up my SHSH for 3.1.3 from Sauriks server. How the hell is that possible? I guess I'm not understanding how Saurik's server backed up my 3.1.3 SHSHs when I'm on 3.1.2.....

No one has any further input on this matter?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Krunk_Kracker; 02-24-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It's been covered a million times......
    SHSH files are signed by apple. They only sign files for the current firmware. These are then stored on Cydia's servers. When you pressed the button on cydia to save your files, 3.1.3 was the current version thatapple was signing and that's what you got. You cannot get signed files for previous firmware versions. If you would have pressed that button in cydia while 3.1.2 was still available fromapple, you would have those files stored.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

Krunk_Kracker (02-24-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    It's been covered a million times......
    SHSH files are signed by apple. They only sign files for the current firmware. These are then stored on Cydia's servers. When you pressed the button on cydia to save your files, 3.1.3 was the current version thatapple was signing and that's what you got. You cannot get signed files for previous firmware versions. If you would have pressed that button in cydia while 3.1.2 was still available fromapple, you would have those files stored.
    Ahh, ok.

Well you say it's been covvered a million times, but I was not able to find it with search.

Thanks anyways, that blows.

I assume the same goes for manually backing it up as well as it has to contact the Apple servers?

It was my understanding that Saurik's server signed everything, which is why I was confused.

I understand that the backup of the shsh file had to be done before Apple stopped signing but I can't remember if I did. From what I've seen, I'm not theonly one wondering if they did click the "Make my life easier button" and I'm having trouble finding a response to this question:

"How do I know/confirm if I had my 3.1.2 shsh file backed up on the Cydia server?"

I think ae several of us that are wondering. Several of us NEWBS that make the unfortunate mistake of accidentally upgrading to 3.1.3 with the new modem build.

Thanks to ANYONE that can answer!!!

Thanks
    Default My SHSH never backed up with Cydia
    Hello,

I Installed Cydia about three weeks ago and agreed to the "make my life easier" option (backing my SHSH blob with cydia). Since then (for three weeks) that little message at the top of the page when I run cydia has said "Your device has a pending TSS request".

I used usbview to grab my ECID. But when I try to use Firmware Umbrella to store my SHSH it says: "Could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry." When I tried the same thing with Iphone 3GS 3.1.3 selected (Im on 3.1.2), Umbrella provided a 64kB shsh file.

Does this mean my 3.1.3 SHSH is backed up? If I were to accidently update my Iphone firmware, or needed to restore my Iphone could I sucsessfully keep my JB?

I dont really care if im on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 as long as my Jailbreak isn't comprimised.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks.