Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! All appstore apps disappeared!

Default HELP! All appstore apps disappeared!
    I was just recently updating some apps in cydia and getting a few apps from rockapp (i think there was some issue with rockapp servers 2day) as well as messing around with some theming (sshed a few into my phone and took my phone off thw cable before quitting cyberduck if that does anything bad), but after I resprung, ALL OF MY APPSTORE APPS WERE MISSING [and still are!]. My cydia apps still show up on the same page they were before but all of the apps I got through the appstore vanished from springboard, settings and even search. The one place my apps show up in is poof but poof thinks the apps are still there and when I go to "hide" them by turned them off in poof and then turn them back on in poof they still dont show up! I can still install apps from the appstore (including ones I already have) from the appstore and I tried doing an update that showed up but it wouldnt work. I also tried categories but only like question mark icons showed up for my apps in categories. The strangest part is that in ifile and ssh all of my appstore apps are clearly there with all their settings in var/mobile/Applications and take up the same space on my iPhone 3gs (3.1.2 firmware) but will not show up at all on springboard or settings. I am afraid to try to sync with itunes unless someone tells me it would be ok. (I havent synced my iphone with itunes last in about a month though...) I DO NOT WANT TO RESTORE... please dont even suggest it because the files show up in ssh so they are on my iphone but just dont show up. I am very desprete as I use all of my 400+ apps very frequently and need to get them back. Any advice or information (or questions even) at all would be very appreciated. PLEASE HELP!

Edit: I read on another forum that disabling the apple killswitch through sbsettings would fix this but IT DIDNT WORK!
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 01-29-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

sync with itunes

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

delete the file located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist. Then reboot.

Thanks

what does that do poseidon

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

That's basically the image file for all your springboard icons. Deleting it forces the phone to recreate every icon manually from the /applications folder and put them all back on the springboard.

Thanks

Thx I actually needed that. For some reason iPod.app isn't showing up on springboard. But it'll show up on search and eveything and it's not hidden. So i'll try this

Thanks for the advice poseidon but i deleted it and rebooted but it didnt work... all it ended up doing was getting rid of the my battery percent and the apps more than 4 that i have in my dock w/ infidock (dont worry i was able to fix both of these). Anyways its more than just the icons not showing up on springboard because the arent in settings either. But battlecrusher, I plugged my iphone into itunes and itunes showed that my apps still take up the same space as before, but when i go into the applications tab only the cydia apps show up and all of the appstore apps are unchecked. Im afraid if i recheck them and sync I'll either lose all of the data from my apps or lose all of the apps i got on my iphone after the last time i synced with itunes. Should i try pressing transfer purchases even thou these apps dont show up?

Thanks

Ya transfer and then send sync

Ok I cant do it right now but I'll definately try when I get back to my house. But will i lose all of my data from my apps?

Thanks

Probably not.

I don't know if its gonna work.... I just got home and I plugged my phone in and opened up itunes. I hit the transfer purchases and it only transfered the one app I downloaded for free as a test after the apps disappeared. But all of the apps are unchecked under the applications tab so i have a BAD FEELING that they will either be overwritten and I'll lose all of my data or the apps will be duplicated (which cant work because there wouldnt be enough room on my 32 gb iphone). So to be on the "safe" side I decided to download my entire var/mobile/Applications directory to my desktop (a 14 gb download might take all night...). So that way if it does overwrite the files but they do end up showing up I can just reoverwrite them with the files from before that I copyed to my desktop. Seems kinda like a longshot and desperate but i NEED all of my apps and the data from them. Do you have any other suggestions longer than a 1 or 2 word response?

Thanks

You could try revealing them with Poof.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

@awesomeipod no thanks for the advice but i already tried but poof thinks they are still showing up so when i try to rehide then unhide with poof nothing happens.
    NOOOOO!!! I cant freakin belive this?!! Syncing did not work because I made duplicates of all my apps with no data on it and now my phone is completely filled because it couldnt fit all of the duplicates... . Please help!!! should I try to take certain files from the original app thats still left on my phone and replace them with the ones in the duplicate then delete the original? Would this work? And if so which files would I replace, or would it be just the whole contents of the 2 folders?

Edit: After looking further, I think this might just work, becuase you know how in /var/mobile/Applications the apps have like these very long names with a bunch of letters and characters... Well ifile says what the name of the app is and all of the duplicates show up with the same app name but the original name with the letters and numbers is completely different! I hope this actually means something and is not just coincidence

I could not find the reason its hidden in the file but I appears that all the data is stored in the documents folder of the app...
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 01-30-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've experienced something similar in the past (when I used to have intelli-screen from rock app) and have been racking my head to remember how I got everything back...can't seem to remember yet.

If all else fails, you could try installing iphone pc suite (on windows) I've got this installed on the windows side of my Mac, and it'll list out all the apps you have, and see if you can update all these apps (you could try one at a time first, and if it works, you can do a batch update) that way all the info on your apps would remain intact...

Let me know if this works...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

Crash Override (08-29-2010), SnowLeo (02-06-2010)

But should I delete the duplicates first?

Leave these as they are...there'll be enough time to delete them later once you've got everything working again.
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 01-30-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (02-06-2010)

I finally was able to install the program you mentioned through vmware on my mac (took really long becuase windows 7 was uber slow and the program made me install itunes for windows)... So anyways I open the program and theres one tiny issue...... ITS ALL IN CHINESE!! Lol after all thr trouble I went through getting the software. I tried it from two different download sites including softpedia and both are in chinese...): Maybe you speak chinese or something but I clearly dont. If there is a download link for an english version of the software please post it otherwise I have no idea what anything says in the program lol.

Edit: tryed out my idea from earlier and IT DIDNT WORK!!! I dont understand??? I tryed this out with one app to see if it would work (blowfish poppers lol) and i copyed all of the contents from the one that had data to the blank duplicate and even respring and then double checked to make sure the data files were in the app folder and they were, and yet when I open the app all of my highscores are gone... Of course this app probably isnt the best example but i didnt really care much about it so I used it as a test but I have over 400 over apps that I actually need the data from. Please help! );
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 01-30-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well, I also don't speak nor undertsand chinese...

Hope this helps...

Codecs.com :: Download iPhone PC Suite 2.6.2.108 : iPhone PC Suite is an interesting iPhone manager

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (02-06-2010)

Is that where you downloaded it from? Because that was actually the first site i tried and it was in chinese... You just click on download pc suite for iphone then it brings up three options the first the offical download the second is a mirror and the 3rd is an older version, I picked the first one downloaded then opened it up and installed in on my windows 7 partition in vmware and I open up the program... And its in chinese. Is there something Im doing wrong?

Edit: ohhhh! Lol on the site you sent me at the bottom it has instructions on how to change the language. Lol sorry for all the trouble I just need to learn to read the instructions.

Ok i finally got the program in english and working and it seems to recognize all my apps but what exactly did you want me to do now?

Lol!! The irony!! Seems like a pretty awesome piece of software but I tried out the "icon restoration" feature under the systems tab and it resprung and I had my hopes up thinking all my apps would show again.... But instead EVEN THE DUPLICATES DISAPPEARED now!! I really need some help before I just throw my iphone into the wall lol

Its a miracle!!!... Almost...
    Ok so I try the icon restoration again and magically all of my apps appeared again....but two problems
    1-all of the apps that show up now have the default icons even though there are themed icons for theme in the theme I am currently using
    2- and most importantly- only the apps that werent duplicated are the ones that have data but all the rest are the duplicates without data.
    Any idea on what to do now? should I delete the duplicates and try it again??
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 01-31-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok.. new issue! (lol my bad luck never ends) I thought thqt instead of going thru the hassle of looking to find the apps w/o data and deleting them via ssh I could just delete them off the springboard. Just to be safe I only first tried it with some apps I didnt really care about but had some data on. So you know that dialogue when your deleting them that says all of your data will be lost.... Well apparently it somehow not only took the data away from the blank duplicate but ALSO ERASED THE DATA ON THE ORiGINAL APP!? I just dont understand how this happens... Should I try to do it via ssh and do I need to reboot afterwards to take effect?....
    Some help please!! Anyone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast