+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! All appstore apps disappeared!

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
oops
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oops
    Last edited by imfreeagle; 04-20-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks

^so you figured it out? just navigate to that directory via ifile or ssh and delete the rockapp log in there. then reboot/resping and go into rock and hit clear cache

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Had this problem today. What worked for me was one of these or both - went to var/mobile/library/logs and deleted all. Also deleted the Slacker application folder which is what I was trying to open when everything disappeared.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello,
    I really hope to have anybody's favor to help me.
    i faced quite same problem. i tried to delete one of applications in a folder on my iphone 4. in a sudden, it froze for a while and then i off n turn on the iphone again. But, i found that all the applications in the same folder are gone, including camera. I tried to reinstall again the disappeared applications but it doesn't appear on springboard. i tried connecting the iphone with itunes on PC too. the applications are appeared on springboard via itunes, but not in iphone. thankfully i can open the applications via search engine in iphone, but quite troublesome.
    hopefully anybody will reply this.
    TQVM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You can try going to var/mobile/library/springboard and delete the "icon support...plist", then respring/reboot. Worth a try

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm sorry for my misunderstanding. i don't get it. is it the springboard/home on iphone or via itunes?

i'm sorry to ask; is your reply to the previous one or my question?
    Last edited by charmax; 06-05-2011 at 12:25 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by charmax View Post
    i'm sorry for my misunderstanding. i don't get it. is it the springboard/home on iphone or via itunes?

i'm sorry to ask; is your reply to the previous one or my question?
    To try my suggestion you'll need to be able to go through the file directory in the phone (iFile from Cydia works good) to find the file I was talking about - assuming you jailbroke. If you're not jailbroke, I wouldn't know what to suggest other than a restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yup, i jailbroke my iphone but i am a first-timer in this things.
    so, could you reply me in details about the "icon support...plist". is it in the manage part?
    TQ

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by charmax View Post
    yup, i jailbroke my iphone but i am a first-timer in this things.
    so, could you reply me in details about the "icon support...plist". is it in the manage part?
    TQ
    In Cydia, search for an app called "iFile" (or you can install something like WinSCP on your computer and SSH into your phone). Use iFile to navigate to var/mobile/library/springboard/ and scroll down to the files called "IconState" and "IconSupportState...". Just click on the blue arrow beside the files and rename them (just add something like "(old)" to the end of the name) so you can change them back if you need to. Now just reboot/respring and your icons should be regenerated on the springboard (you'll have to sort them again).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you for your quick respond.
    I tried doing what you suggested, but it turned out same; just all applications are out of folders. lol
    I think it because i had sort it into a folder (not the auto folder but via folder from cydia; dun remember the exact name). Is there any possible the icons will sort out if i remove the folder. Hmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default App store Apps not visible after low battery shutdown
    Hello all-

I'm not sure if I should start a new thread but my problem is along the same lines as the ones above.

My iPhone 3GS ran out of battery and shut itself down while I was using it. After recharging and turn it on again all of the App store apps are no longer visible. The original standard iphone apps and apps I have installed from Cydia are still visible. When I look at my phone in iTunes I can see >10 GB of "other" data stored on my iphone which I believe to be my apps and their associated data. So I think the data is still there but the apps are not registered by the phone in some way. The apps are also not in the Settings menu or in SBSettings>Hide Icons or SBSettings>App Folders.

I have tried:
    1. Resetting the iphone
    2. Restoring from backup but iTunes succeeded in making a new backup before I got to restore, so my old "good" backup is gone.
    3. Deleting the "icon..." files in var/mobile/library/springboard
    4. I don't have Rock, therefore the suggestion to reset the Rock cache won't help me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for my situation?

Unfortunately I can't point to a particular application or thing I was doing that might cause my problem. I think it was something that happened due to the phone running out of power so quickly that it didn't have a chance to save its state before turning off.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    delete the file located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist. Then reboot.
    Thanks, it worked very well!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    That's basically the image file for all your springboard icons. Deleting it forces the phone to recreate every icon manually from the /applications folder and put them all back on the springboard.
    Thank you so much it worked perfectly! I made this account just to thank you!
    You're a savior!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123