Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! All appstore apps disappeared!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

dude sorry, i think that u should just restore

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Wait a sec... I found a couple that didnt have data but I only checked a few apps and those were apps I didnt really care about... I started checking the rest of my apps and the seem to have all the data!!! Awesome so that on program not only revealed the apps but also made the right ones appear. I-Law One you are a life saver! Amazing program btw I use it all the time.
    This only leaves one problem.... What to do about the duplicates. Do I take the risk and sync with itunes by trying to transfer all these first? Or do I delete them via ssh? Need some advice.
    But please tell me- is there anything wrong with deleting appstore apps via ssh? Like does it mess up syncing w/ iTunes or does it think I just deleted them normally?

Edit: Just noticed another problem, nothing major but now none of my cydia apps that are themed from the theme Im using show up in overboard...
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 02-02-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

therre not supposed to

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Wait a sec... I found a couple that didnt have data but I only checked a few apps and those were apps I didnt really care about... I started checking the rest of my apps and the seem to have all the data!!! Awesome so that on program not only revealed the apps but also made the right ones appear. I-Law One you are a life saver! Amazing program btw I use it all the time.
    This only leaves one problem.... What to do about the duplicates. Do I take the risk and sync with itunes by trying to transfer all these first? Or do I delete them via ssh? Need some advice.
    But please tell me- is there anything wrong with deleting appstore apps via ssh? Like does it mess up syncing w/ iTunes or does it think I just deleted them normally?

Edit: Just noticed another problem, nothing major but now none of my cydia apps that are themed from the theme Im using show up in overboard...

Sorry I've been engrossed with a serious deadline...glad to know I was able to help...I personally don't delete apps via ssh...there's something else, that can batch delete, or just delete normally. Can't remember what it's called now.

You can re-sync with itunes on the mac end (I do that) and there's NOT going to be any problem!...You can also try reinstalling overboard and getting the theme back... hope all your 'troubles' are over now?

Let me know if you need anymore help.
    Don't forget the thanks button...
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 02-06-2010 at 01:27 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (02-06-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Thanks

-to delete app store apps, hold finger on an app, til they go in wiggle mode then click the X and delete it. Its easy i dont know why you would want to delete via ssh.
    -to delete JB apps go into rock and go to manage and uninstall it and anything that it uses.

doing it that way makes sure all things of that app are gone.

Every app you bought you can get off your idevice and put in itunes by:
    -click on store tab on top, authorize computer
    -then right click idevice and click transfer purchases.
    -then you can do a sync with nothing deleted.
    (if worst case scenario, repurchase the apps. if you have bought it before, it wont charge you again.)

and you could always restore and repurchase everything in the worst worst case scenario >.>
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

@ jbone1337 - If anyone can figure out how to delete apps via ssh, I don't believe deleting them the 'normal' way as intended by Apple should be a problem for the same person, and I'm sure anyone who owns an iphone/ipod knows the 'normal' deletion method...also, I've had nothing but nightmares with Rock (in the past), So I do not recommend it to anyone
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 02-07-2010 at 10:11 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (02-07-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    @ jbone1337 - If anyone can figure out how to delete apps via ssh, I don't believe deleting them the 'normal' way as intended by Apple should be a problem for the same person, and I'm sure anyone who owns an iphone/ipod knows the 'normal' deletion method...also, I've had nothing but nightmares with Rock (in the past), So I do not recommend it to anyone
    yes in the past Rock may have had problems(but in the present EVERYONE has problems with cydia >.o ).
    Rock 2.20.9 is the current version.(im sure you haven't tried it)

and actually i didnt know about the wiggle mode til like a few weeks after getting my touch lol T.T

Lol ^ yeah i know to delete them normally... some people...
    Anyways Im talking about deleting duplicates of apps that exist on my iphones application files but dont physically show up on my springboard and dont have the application data that the ones on my springboard have. Obviously this can only be accomplished via ssh/ifile so I opened up ifile, went through my var/mobile/applications folder and I was able to figure out the apps that had data vs. the ones that dont based upon whether they had contents in the documents folder and if there was something other than the com.apple.peoplepicker plist in the librrary folder and ended up deleting nearly all of the 400 duplicates I had. The only problem I had was the apps that I never actually used yet so neither file had data on it so I didnt know which to delete. Anyways I respring and...
    About half the icons on my springboard are missing!! I panic and tried respringing and rebooting several times then tried the icon restoration thing a couple times.... Nope. Half of them still missing.

Edit: Yes!! Ok I had some updates from the appstore so I hit update all... And waddaya know... All my apps show up again!! (: Only problem left now is that I have about 15 or so duplicates left takin up a little more than half a gig on my phone... Is it worth using these apps to be able to delete them then going through this again? Or should I just be satisfied? Do you think itunes will be able to see and sync just the one that show up on my springboard?
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 02-07-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

hmmm well if you copied the apps via ssh, you can fully delete them via ssh. Just have to figure out which are real and which are duplicated and delete them manually 1 by 1.

And ya you can use ifile to easily find the number of the folder the apps are in and which ones are duplicated.

if you want to spend the time you can load up each app from the springboard change some things(like settings or go play around in a game for a little bit) and save it and exit it.
    Then use ifile and go in var/mobile/applications (could probably do it in ssh also)
    go into the app you want to know differences in and go in the Documents folder in the app. Look for profile/save/settings files in here and look for last date changed. The ones you used today will be the real ones

edit: Or you can transfer purchases/re-download them all from app store and fully restore lol
    Last edited by jbone1337; 02-07-2010 at 03:09 PM.

I agree with the above (except that restoring/re-downloading is NOT an option cos you would loose all previously stored data in these apps)...that should let you know which duplicates to delete. The alternative would be to download a free app from itunes and then check it's reference under ssh. Any duplicate that's exactly similar would be the good ones and the others can be trashed

Quote Originally Posted by jbone1337 View Post
    yes in the past Rock may have had problems(but in the present EVERYONE has problems with cydia >.o ).
    Rock 2.20.9 is the current version.(im sure you haven't tried it)

and actually i didnt know about the wiggle mode til like a few weeks after getting my touch lol T.T

On the contrary, I've never had problems with cydia, and would stay with cydia until saurik or the DT say otherwise...and I guess it does pay to read the instruction manual (I should take my own advice too )
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 02-07-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    On the contrary, I've never had problems with cydia, and would stay with cydia until saurik or the DT say otherwise...and I guess it does pay to read the instruction manual (I should take my own advice too )
    When i load cydia it takes a long time to load data, then i get a pop-up each time saying error refreshing data(has problems with sources i dont even have -.-), then it reloads data. Does that each time you do anything in cydia, add/delete anything ect. Very inefficient.

Well when was the last time cydia had an update? like a year+? lol. Rock just had one like a few days ago.

Cydia is old, its like using windows95 instead of any of the current versions..

i mean you dont have to get rid of cydia, i have both. But thats mainly due to some noob devs.. either not allowing or not updating to rock. Because some paid apps cant be downloaded from rock because of the dev.

Damn for some reason every time I try to plug my iphone into itunes it resprings and now it just went into safe mode. can someone help?

i have the icon problem has anyone found a fix yet

yeah get iphone pc suite and theres a thing to fix it. Also try doing an update and see if they show up from that.

This may sound odd but what about going to Settings > General > Restrictions. If it is on, it is possible to disable all App Store apps perhaps done by a jerk friend?. I don't know if that will fix anything, but it may be worth a shot. As long as you are able to get a good sync with iTunes, couldn't you just "uncheck" sync Apps, then once all the apps are deleted from the device, just check the box to sync them again? At the very worst, you lose your high scores. But then you would, theoretically, have a working phone again, without restore.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

^^ no this isnt a good idea. I actually am the OP and had the problem and when I synced with iTunes it got the apps back... but with NO DATA! syncing w/ iTunes created duplicates of all my apps. but seriously get iphone pc suite and theres like a thing to fix missing icons and you hook up your ipod touch and hit and use and all my apps came back. Then I had to go through the painful process of going into my apps via ssh and figuring out which were the duplicates and then deleting about 400+ duplicates. so syncing = bad iphone pc suite = good
    Codecs.com :: Download iPhone PC Suite 2.8.0.118 : iPhone PC Suite is an interesting iPhone manager
    (be sure to change the language to english w/ instructions at bottom of site)

Default Same issue PLEASE HELP
    Poster 1 is right, this is related to the cydia source update from within ROCK app. I had this happen two weeks ago, then after trying EVERYTHING to remedy I ended up restoring and going two weeks trying to get everything back. I just downloaded the Cydia Source update which un-installs "something" and the same freaking issue occured.. I'm sooo bummed looks like ill be restoring again.

If anyone has a better way to get around this please help. The app-store apps are missing but the iPhone does not recognize them, iTunes does not recognize them either and any attempt to get the apps back creates duplicates. Is there a missing or corrupt database, can i rollback the rock change and re-install whatever it was that just implicitly un-installed with the "cydia source update" package.. GRR this is SUCH a drag.

go into var/mobile/Library/RYP/logs and delete the rockapp log. Then respring/reboot and then go into rockapp and go to manage settings and press clear cache and then all of your icons should be restored. I had this issue and the fix is thanks to some one els on a thread called like how to fix 0mb on /var or something. I foget the original poster but if you dont fix it soon enough sbsettings will show up w/ 0 mbs on var like it did to me but this fixes it. And yes this is a rockapp issue. After doing this fix you can then update rockapp safely thru cydia and it will remain fixed. Hope I helped. (by the way this was not the original issue I had on this thread but I did get it later)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

rhcp16 (04-14-2010)

Default same problem,,,fix didnt work for me :/
    I installed the iPhone pc suite, and it doesnt recognize any of my disappearing icons either!

Quote Originally Posted by rhcp16 View Post
    I installed the iPhone pc suite, and it doesnt recognize any of my disappearing icons either!
    OMG!!!! that last post completely fixed it!! I LOVE YOU!!!!
    Last edited by rhcp16; 04-14-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yep no problem. but credit for this fix goes to whoever started that one thread about the 0 mb on /var and then ibnyaffa for finding that thread and reposting that fix when I said I had that issue on the inspired OS thread... just cant remember thr original posters name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast