Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CydiaStore 'link to my device' won't work

I have been trying to restore from DFU and Recovery mode, both custom and standard ipsw. I have tried from multiple computers and even reloaded itunes 8.

I still get errors!

Load latest itunes. Then be sure to kill itunes help while working on iphone. Then try to do factory restore (will unjailbreak phone). Then you can blackra1n it to jailbreak and install cydia afterwards, or, restore a customer ipsw. Best of luck.

ps. this still won't resolve the issue at hand: cant purchase cydia apps because "can't link device to your account".

Quote Originally Posted by Philaretus View Post
    Same here, cannot do a custom restore because I get the 16xx error so I did a factory restore and use blackran. And my new 3gs won't link to my cydia account.
    after blackra1n I used pwng tool 3.1.4 to create a custom ipsw restore file and installed in fine using itunes restore. Did this to check weather there was a problem with blackra1n's cydia install.

That said, I don't believe this is an iphone problem as other "free" apps install in cydia just fine. I think something changed at/in cydia and account validation somehow got broke.
    Last edited by kcinci; 11-30-2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Same boat :-(
    I agree with kcinci, I think this is something dealing with Cydia's validation system being broken. Probably will only be temporary until an update is released for Cydia (or maybe no application update is needed, just the backend system fix??).

Who knows

Same here. I mean, he is authenticating via the web... if you hold the 'Link Device to Account' button, it will ask you to open/copy the link... it is just a link that is probably getting an 403 or something... HOPEFULLY it is on Cydia's end. Can anyone else give a definitive?

Default Cydia is the problem!
    I restored my phone which went fine and fired up Blackra1n but instead of downloading Cydia I downloaded Rock!
    3G Unrestrictor doesn't exist on Rock so I used My3g instead and I now have the trial version on my phone.

I still can't get Slingpplayer to work on 3g but at least I managed to get an App on my phone.

This shows it must be a Cydia problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kcinci View Post
    Load latest itunes. Then be sure to kill itunes help while working on iphone. Then try to do factory restore (will unjailbreak phone). Then you can blackra1n it to jailbreak and install cydia afterwards, or, restore a customer ipsw. Best of luck.

ps. this still won't resolve the issue at hand: cant purchase cydia apps because "can't link device to your account".

after blackra1n I used pwng tool 3.1.4 to create a custom ipsw restore file and installed in fine using itunes restore. Did this to check weather there was a problem with blackra1n's cydia install.

That said, I don't believe this is an iphone problem as other "free" apps install in cydia just fine. I think something changed at/in cydia and account validation somehow got broke.
    You do make sense. I guess now we wait......:/

same problem guys, i got iPhone 3gs 32gig 3.1.2 otb and linking up isn't working at all emailed saurik about it, but haven't heard a response in 3 days

I also have the same problem! So frustrating.

Default Same problem here
    I also have this problem with my recently jailbroken 3GS. The "Link to this Device" button when using the Cydia store doesn't work. Clicking on it just reloads the page.

Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon - I've got good money to spend!

Same problem here. Just got a new 3GS and went to link my account and it just keeps reloading the same page =/ I even purchased PkgBackup so I could easily restore all my programs and now I'm stuck having to reinstall everything manually...sigh.

Same problem for me I got a a new iPhone 3g again and I get the same error. It wont let em link my account to my iphone to download my purchases. Mainly 3g unrestrictor.

Okay,
    I just got a replacement 3G(S) myself yesterday due to a faulty GPS unit, and I too can not link my replacement phone to Cydia to download my already purchased apps.

From what I can tell it seems this is happening to everyone with a new iPhone however the way it is acting makes it seem that it is not a phone issue.

Is anyone out there having this problem with an iPhone that is not new?

My phone is not new, it is 3G and 3.1.2.

This problem has been happening to me since I jailbroke it late last week.

What I would really like to hear, is if someone with a 3G / 3GS on 3.1.2 ALREADY was able to link their device...

Quote Originally Posted by MothMath View Post
    What I would really like to hear, is if someone with a 3G / 3GS on 3.1.2 ALREADY was able to link their device...
    I have two 3gs on 3.1.2. Both blackrained and with the new bootrom. The one that I bought two weeks ago is able to link device to account. But the other one which I got two days ago can't.

Don't think it's the phone. Perhaps cydia's server having a problem authenticating our account?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dumbkeeper For This Useful Post:

MothMath (12-01-2009)

This is really a bad place in which to be for Cydia as there are other repositories out there now with cracked versions of the programs that install just fine without having to authenticate purchase. I'm certainly not recommending or condoning that people use such a method to pirate "for sale" software but there are those who will do it. The fact we are here trying to find a resolution to a "purchasing software snag" shows there are also people willing pay for software in which they find value.

Saurik, if you see this, please help us resolve this. We appreciate access to your "Cydia Store" and would like to continue to use it. I'm sure this also has an effect on your commission if sales aren't able to be completed.

Seriously, I just bought My3G from rock. I still need YourTube as I love how it integrates into the factory app. Can I buy this from anywhere else???

Same exact problem here, recently had to do a warrantee exchange on my iPhone 3g, and upon jailbreaking the replacement I find that I am unable to link the device to my account. Been going on for a few days now. Does this happen often?

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in the same boat. I just paid for Music Controls again through paypal and then put my email into the registration setting for Music Controls. It verified me. But this is ********. Saurik has a duty to both keep his store running and reply to his emails in a timely fashion. It's been days now and no one has heard a word. Any flamers want to tell me how awful Rock is compared to Cydia? Any takers?

Ive paid for these apps and I cant even download them. I found another repo on Google that has most of the Cydia store apps for free.

It sucks that I had to resort to this, but I had no choice. Hope this all gets sorted out soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast