Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia - Hash Sum Error

Default Cydia - Hash Sum Error
    Hello all,

I'm getting the following error when I start up Cyida.

"Error: Refreshing Data
    Failed to fetch apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/main/binary-iphoneos-arm/Packages
    Hash Sum mismatch

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead"

What does this mean? How can I fix it?

Thanks.
    Last edited by link00seven; 11-27-2009 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

give it some time/ its the repos fault

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

Clayfrost (12-14-2010), link00seven (11-27-2009)

Gotcha. I wasn't sure if it was something on my end or the repo but if it's the repo then I need to just wait it out.

Thanks

ya haha

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by link00seven View Post
    Hello all,

I'm getting the following error when I start up Cyida.

"Error: Refreshing Data
    Failed to fetch apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/main/binary-iphoneos-arm/Packages
    Hash Sum mismatch

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead"

What does this mean? How can I fix it?

Thanks.
    Mine never fixed itself so couldnt get modmyi repo updates so I managed to cure the problem..
    I went into /private/var/lib/apt/lists and removed all files except the partial folder in the partial folder there was a file apt.modmyi.com_dists_stable_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Packages.decomp.FAILED I removed that file and all other files that had reference to apt.modmyi.com in there one other I think..ran cydia and removed modmyi.com source from packages installed and rebooted then ran cydia again and added the modmyi source again and that cured the problem.. remember to backup the files just in case you have a problem
    Last edited by g0sbv; 11-27-2009 at 03:39 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to g0sbv For This Useful Post:

alba04 (12-16-2009), Chris H. (07-02-2010), rb_1958 (05-18-2010)

Dude! Your a life saver. I looked all over and no one had the answer. Thanks for sharing!

i just tried what was suggested and it doesnt work, i tried it twice with no success. can anyone else help? please.

Well, if you guys had downloaded the new firmware 3.1.2 like I did and you guys have Cydia and get your apps from either I*N*S*T*A*L*L*O*U*S or C*R*A*C*K*U*L*O*U*S then I'll tell you what I did. I just went to Hackulo.us the source clicked on it and I downloaded *******(the newest one) and voila it worked for me Hope I helped.
    Last edited by nubbynoob; 12-14-2009 at 12:17 AM.

Thanks

Read the rules.
    No cracked apps

Weird, i just restored my phone, and am still getting this error. I think its the repo just bein overloaded

Thanks g0sbv!!
    Had the same problem. Your post solved it…

question,im new to the iphone world,but how did you guys get to the "private/var/lib/apt/lists" file??do you guys have to go on cydia?or on the iphone?or the comp?i have no clue where that file is.i too have been getting the HASH SUM ERROR too.thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dizankizle View Post
    question,im new to the iphone world,but how did you guys get to the "private/var/lib/apt/lists" file??do you guys have to go on cydia?or on the iphone?or the comp?i have no clue where that file is.i too have been getting the HASH SUM ERROR too.thanks.
    follow this guide
    iClarified - iPhone - How to SSH Into Your iPhone Using WinSCP (Windows)

I just restored my phone, and it was all good again

thank you so much

Just found the solution for n
    my 3.1.2 3gs. Me proble was database error with no section header and failed to load apt.modmyi.com.packages which I deleted and my cydia is working now and all the repos I have installed are there. I am so happy. Hope it works for you. Good luck out there everybody.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    You sure about that? ALL REPOS i try to DL form do not fully Download and give me what i want.
    how can all repos give the same error, different repos? or is this cydia not working?

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    You sure about that? ALL REPOS i try to DL form do not fully Download and give me what i want.
    how can all repos give the same error, different repos? or is this cydia not working?
    i asked saurik about this very sour situation
    Last edited by mattcha; 04-03-2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost