Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia error: Database

I have a 3G with 3.0(7A341) 04.26.08 modem firmware for T-Mobile and I was getting this error everytime Cydia loaded...
    GPG error:
    http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com ./
    Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NOTDATA 2

Failed to fetch
    http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/./Packages.bz2 Sub-process bzip2 returned an error (2)

Failed to fetch
    http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/m...s-arm/Packages Has Sum mismatch

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Now Im getting this...
    GPG error:
    http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com ./

Failed to fetch
    http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/./Packages.bz2 Sub-process bzip2 returned an error (2)

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Modmyi error isn't showing up but the others are. Cydia seems to be running fine, just sometime I try to download something the program crashes so I just reload it. What seems to be the issue its been doing this for awhile.

So what worked for me was deleting the last source I tried to add. After I added xSellize source I got err no header whatever the f*** it says. Regardless try deleting (from location /private/var/lib/apt/lists ) whatever source you added last worked for m. In ifile

Default Cydia Signatures NODATA !FIX!
    I fixed mine, same error messag
    GPG error:
    XXX-XXXX-XXX (whatever your error is)
    I had about 4 of these, they were caused buy half loaded sources from cydia. like if cydia crases befor the whole source is loaded. so you need to get rid of these half loaded chunks causing the errors.

(FYI)I'm running a 2G iphone on 3.1.2 firm.

Ok get into your iphone and look in*** /private/var/lib/apt/lists/partial (partial is a folder holding the partial data! ur errors!) **
    If there is any data in the partial folder it will most likely match your error message on cydia. (copy that data incase u need it) DELETE all data from this folder! close and restart cydia!!

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by AGNT; 12-31-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Ok, my 1st post...those method mention above will not solve the issue, once you restart iphone, all the error msg will come back once you go into cydia.

Here is the solution to all of you guys problem. Use WINscp and SSH into your iphone, go to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d and double click on cydia.list (It will open up in notepad), delete the repo address line that is giving you problem and go try and refresh your cydia under changes tab. This will remove all error msg in future. Have fun. Rem to give me a thanks
    Last edited by xKirandax; 01-01-2010 at 03:26 AM.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xKirandax For This Useful Post:

bryghe (05-17-2010), buenoxg (07-20-2010), captainhighjack (01-19-2010), davisk1982 (01-31-2010), geturbreadup (09-12-2010), greek.guy (10-25-2010), Lungs (05-02-2010)

-Blackra1n jailbroke.
    -No afc2add
    -No SHH
    -No T Mobile
    -No Ifile
    -Cannot get to the root by Iphone Explorer, IphoneBrowser etc
    -Cydia encountered a section with no Package: header.
    Pls pls pls help.

Hi guys,

I had this problem also. I found this helpful [FIX] Sub-process bzip2 has returned an error... - iPod touch Fans forum
    Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by sukali View Post
    -Blackra1n jailbroke.
    -No afc2add
    -No SHH
    -No T Mobile
    -No Ifile
    -Cannot get to the root by Iphone Explorer, IphoneBrowser etc
    -Cydia encountered a section with no Package: header.
    Pls pls pls help.

Log into your IphoneBrowser then go to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d, then right click on cydia.list and save as on your pc. Open it up with notepad and delete the repo that is giving you problem and save it, drag the saved file back into /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d and replace the original file.

Quote Originally Posted by xKirandax View Post
    Log into your IphoneBrowser then go to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d, then right click on cydia.list and save as on your pc. Open it up with notepad and delete the repo that is giving you problem and save it, drag the saved file back into /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d and replace the original file.
    Thanks,but i cannot go into /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d.
    Pls pls pls help. Is it becos i don not have acf2add? therefore unable to go in?

Thanks

Hello people, I know how to solve the problem with that Error: Database, but when I try to add sources like cydia.iphonecake.com, cydia.**********.com, podulo.us, and any other source the Error comes back. I can't add any source, where is the problem?

Thanks,but i cannot go into /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d.
    Pls pls pls help. Is it becos i don not have acf2add? therefore unable to go in?
    Yes, you need acf2add. Can you install it from cydia? If not, can you go to var/lib/apt/lists and delete everything inside except the partial folder, then go into partial folder and delete everything inside as well. Then restart cydia, go to tab (changes) and click refresh.
    Last edited by xKirandax; 01-04-2010 at 07:49 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xKirandax For This Useful Post:

Dreamerpaname (02-12-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by xKirandax View Post
    Yes, you need acf2add. Can you install it from cydia? If not, can you go to var/lib/apt/lists and delete everything inside except the partial folder, then go into partial folder and delete everything inside as well. Then restart cydia, go to tab (changes) and click refresh.
    I cannot install from Cydia since it is down with errors. I tried IphoneBrowser too, but without acf2add i cannot go to the root too.
    Is there any other way to excess to the roots without acf2add?

Thanks you very much for all the replies.

I cannot install from Cydia since it is down with errors. I tried IphoneBrowser too, but without acf2add i cannot go to the root too.
    Is there any other way to excess to the roots without acf2add?

Thanks you very much for all the replies.
    Nope, not that i know off...since u jailbreak with blackra1n, then most likely you would have rock store installed, why dun you try to install afc2add from rock? If u do not have rock, just install it with blackra1n.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have the same problem but I cannot find private/var/lib/lists I have been all over the place and cannot find it !!!! I have SSH all over the place. Any suggestions??
    [IMG] By medic56 at 2010-01-05[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by medic56 View Post
    I have the same problem but I cannot find private/var/lib/lists I have been all over the place and cannot find it !!!! I have SSH all over the place. Any suggestions??
    [IMG] By medic56 at 2010-01-05[/IMG]
    Did you install afc2add?

For many of you who do not have the proper ssh and root access files, this is something that should be done immediately after installing Cyida. However You can still use icy and rock to install these files. If you do not have either use Blackra1n to install them.
    =================================================

The information about Cydia repos are stored at a couple of locations:

/private/var/lib/cydia
    (Open Metadata.plist and delete the entries from the problem source)
    /private/var/lib/apt/list
    (delete all but the folder "partial")
    /private/var/lib/apt/list/partial
    (delete everything in this folder)
    /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d
    (delete the newest source/ the source causing the problem, remember to check cydia.list for duplicate entries)

Reload Cydia and hit refresh, let it load and then you should have all your sources back.
    Last edited by hacker555; 07-09-2010 at 02:18 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hacker555 For This Useful Post:

iOsiris (02-27-2010), Roush00 (05-06-2010)

Thanks
    Hey if you don't know how to ssh which I dont you can use iFile which is a whole lot easer and do the same ,private/var/lib/apt/lists.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

so ted im guessing it worked for u

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

WHY? WHY? OR HOW COME? This time mine said Unable to Load.

I getting angry with Cydia always got problems.

Although you can resolve the issue of not loading any sources by deleting sources other than the partial. It always comes back when you add new sources, this can be resolved by removing the erroneous entry in sources.list.d as well. Thanks hacker555

how can i fix cydia and i don't have neither openssh nor installer how can i fix cydia then .Need help iphone 3G 3.0.1 (blackrain)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast