Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wont download Packages but no errors

Yeah it would only affect those with that particular repo installed. When I noticed it was Rupert Gee for me I just got rid of it and it worked again. Then I searched in google and wound up here and saw others were having the same problem with Cydia hanging on the Downloading packages screen. I'm just glad it's fixed now. Good investigating people.
    Big kid playing with iPhone! Learning as I go...

Thanks for how to fix, Cydia has timed out for hours here lol I will try to delete source later and see if that helps.

Cheers

Default Thanks
    For the life of me I have benn trying to fix this Cydia problem. I just Jailbroke a friends iPod Touch, updated Cydia, installed all sources etc and it hangs up at "Downloading Pckages". I cannot download the hackulo source as Cydia just hangs up.
    Then I came accros this forum and read about deleting the RupertGee source so I did. It fixed it, everyting is now working as it should. Thank-you, Thank-You, Thank-You.

Thank You, worked like a dream.
    Last edited by dukepufus; 09-20-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Worked for me! Thanx a million

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

HELP!!
    When I load cydia and press cancel and go to my sources to try and delete, there are none listed!!
    How can I delete then roguie ones?

SSH into your phone and go to private>etc>apt>sources.list.d and delete the sources you are having trouble with. my problems were with Easywakeup.net ,iMobilecinema.com and RupertGee let me know if this helps.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecortezfam6 View Post
    SSH into your phone and go to private>etc>apt>sources.list.d and delete the sources you are having trouble with. my problems were with Easywakeup.net ,iMobilecinema.com and RupertGee let me know if this helps.
    I'm working away from home. I'm on my work computer which has no wifi or itunes!! Is it possible to download a prograam that will let me ssh without either of these?
    But It is those sources i'm having trouble with, also it comes up on cydia "encountered a package with no header"

You don't delete them from Manage>Sources. You delete them from Manage>Packages and you find the package for each of those repositories.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kariodude View Post
    You don't delete them from Manage>Sources. You delete them from Manage>Packages and you find the package for each of those repositories.
    When I load up cydia there are no packages shown, no sources, no anything!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dajokeisonu's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah well im having an issue where when it starts up it will say update database and all that nonsense and it will stick on downloading packages and not refresh. I too have that rock my app and I dont know if thats the prob. Another thing that is wierd is that for some reason in cydia My UI images and loaders dont work. I have so many cool things on my phone I dont wanna restore it. I really hope someone can help me out.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Is there anyway to take off the rogue packages using mobile terminal?

Thanks

skip you should try this go into mobile terminal type su then enter alpine as the password the type apt-get update and maybe that will help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ok tried this and got
    E: encountered a section with no package: header
    E: problem with mergelist /var/lib/apt/lists/cydia.miphone.ca_beta_._packages
    E: the package lists or status file could no longer be parsed or opened
    I can't be parsed with this crap either
    Any ideas?
    I've tried to rm cydia.miphone.ca_beta_._packages but it says its unable
    Last edited by skiptowncat; 09-20-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks

well I was recieving that package with no header thing and i just updated the sources like I wrote before. Here is another scenario so I deleted the rupee G source and that fixed the not refreshing problems and D mobilecinemas which was causing probs, but.... When I first jailbroke like two weeks ago I tried adding in this source that didnt exsist. So it haunts me all the time ive tried sshing into my phone deleting it from their it wont go away ive tried everything and its still wont disapear maybe thats a prob if you enter an invalid source. And as I said before In cydia and just in cydia for some reason my uii background and loaders wont work and it works everywhere else why is that it makes no sense????

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Dunno mate, It's a strange one

Thanks

Yeah I dont know I never heard of anyone with this problem or anything. Hey skip if this helps you at all try downloading this thing called called clear cydia cache I tried it and for some reason when I opened the program it just crashed as soon as I connected my iphone but I heard other people said it worked. As for my issue I think I would need to ask Saurik himself lol

The other way to remove bad repo's is to go into sections then repositories. You should see green check marks next to ones that are installed then select them then in the upper right corner select modify and remove. Sometimes I know that you cant always remove them from manage sources. Just though id put this up in case anyone wanted some help. its how i did it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to originalgoast For This Useful Post:

Dajokeisonu (09-20-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by originalgoast View Post
    The other way to remove bad repo's is to go into sections then repositories. You should see green check marks next to ones that are installed then select them then in the upper right corner select modify and remove. Sometimes I know that you cant always remove them from manage sources. Just though id put this up in case anyone wanted some help. its how i did it.
    That's the problem, when I load cydia it shows theres nothing stored in my packages or sources. when I do the apt-get update on mobile terminal, it shows them all up.I also tried to apt-get remove/install cydia but no joy
    I can't ssh because i'm working away from home so have no access to wifi or itunes.
    Basically i'm screwed

Thanks

Thanks origin I didnt know that. Im a newbie to all this stuff. It took me like hours to figure out what ssh was lol and winscp and all this other stuff im startin to get the hang of it.

skip let me ask you something when you first go into cydia is it saying error database while loading in the black screen???
    Last edited by Dajokeisonu; 09-20-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes, with that no package header malarkey!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast