Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Problem: Too many devices linked

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Cydia Problem: Too many devices linked
    So I have 2 iTouches, and 3 iPhones all linked to the small Cydia Store account. I just got a 3G and tried to download the packages I paid for (now the sixth device I guess) and I get the error "too many devices linked to this account" Email "me" (saurik) to resolve the issues. So I did email [email protected] and I'm awaiting a (hopeful) reply. Until then does anyone know how to "un-link" a device? I'll ditch the iTouch 1g but I don't know how.

Hell, I even considered paying for some apps AGAIN, but I'm not creating another gmail account and I'm definately not facebooking it....

What else can I do? This kind of sucks really.

Saurik created Cydia Store so he would know better than anyone else how to unlink accounts. Shoot him a reply when he replies back to you.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Thanks

Yes I know he created it...I also know he is probably super backed up with work and other people's requests. So I came here to see if someone could assist.
    If and when he replies, I sure will thank him. I'd also gladly thank someone here if they can help me sooner.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Let us know what he says. I didn't know it was limited to 5 devices. Very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Let us know what he says. I didn't know it was limited to 5 devices. Very interesting
    Same here. I never knew that there was a limit on Cydia Store, but it would make sense.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

News to me too.

Thanks

I've been searching these forums and google for over an hour...only one other post (on macthemes2) and there was no resolve there.

It's hard to believe I'm one of the first to hit this limit.

I'm sure it's for good reason, but without an option on cydia, I'm "stuck".

I don't know about you but I don't know many people who own 5 iPhones and iPod Touches.

Thanks

Yeah, I guess you're right Neo...

Anyway, still no response. Sent the email Friday evening. I'll update as soon as I get a resolution.

Well Jay replied. Pretty simple "I have increased your limit." -J

So I checked and sure enough, downloading my packages I paid for...

Funny though, about 2 hours after he responded, I checked twitter and he commented about "...spending WAY too much time replying to emails for support and not enough time writing code."

I'm sure that dude is crazy busy! Well I appreciate the help and reply!

Get him some HELP!
    Last edited by Bigperm26; 08-17-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^ very cool! Yea saurik is crazy busy

Well when you're as big as the creator of Cydia, WinterBoard, etc. I'm sure you don't have much time.

Sorry for reviving this thread but I did not read anywhere that there was a limit on the number of devices and if I have knewn I wouldn't have helped my friends link their devices to my account and now I have a new itouch and i can't link it to my account and I am quite frustrated. I fully understand that Jay is busy but I emailed him last month to no avail and I just re emailed him. I really hope he can remove all the linked devices and let me add them again. He still hasn't replied him and I honestly feel angry. I am not trying to flame Jay but I am one of his "customers" and there was no where I could have known that there was a limit of 5 unlike the iTunes store. The applications that Jay creates are wonderful and free evenmore and I really appreciate that so I hope I get a reply instead of just being ignored. I do too fully understand that he may be busy so I will just wait abit more.
    Last edited by Zane; 08-22-2009 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks

He is usually real good about responding to emails.

Jay still has not replied me.
    Last edited by Zane; 08-24-2009 at 01:44 AM.

He's very busy he probaly gets like a million emails a day.

Be it if he gets 1 million emails a day, I am outraged. Jay still has not replied after 5 days when the email was sent nor has he replied to my two tweets. I really do not want to flame him but I feel really outraged. I absolutely understand it's wrong to link your account to my friend's devices but if I had known that there was a limit I probaby wouldn't do it. But that doesn't matter anymore, be it if he is busy or not , I am sure he can take 2minutes out of his life either replying me that since I did that he cannot unlink the accounts, I would be contented with such a reply but what do I get ? A f*cking no reply or whatsoever. Seriously I don't flame people for no good reason but what is this. Even though I am a nobody and just a person in the world, I have "bought" apps from the Cydia Store and just because I violated the "TOS" which no one in hell knows where it is and that there was a limit of 5 linked devices. I should still deserve a reply. Some of you may side with me and some may not but I am really frustrated right now. I love winterboard, it lets me theme my touch and phone but what's with the ignoring of "customers" now that really pisses me off. I don't give a hoots whoever you are , be it iPhone dev or not, I respect them alot and I don't really expect a reply from them at all if I ask a question but since Jay decided to start the Cydia Store , it means he is be obligated to reply our emails about customer support. This is the second email I have sent him and in the first email I was being honest and told him I had linked my account to my friends itouches and phones but what do I get ? Nothing. This is sh*t, really sh*t -End

EDIT: If you want to read my emails they are as such

28th of July 2009
    Hello Jay
    I am contacting you regarding on linked devices with my facebook account. Is there anyway I can remove some of the devices ? I'll be frank, Some of the devices are my friends ipod touch and phones and I didn't read anywhere that you had a limit of 5. I think you should create a cydia store FAQ to inform people ? Just a suggestion. Thanks for all the great work so far. Cyntact still works great.
    Regards,
    Zane

19th of August 2009
    Hello Jay I remembering emailing you about the linked devices to my facebook account. I would like to remove some of them as I have just gotten a new iPod Touch 2G. Hope to get a reply from you.

Regards
    Zane

@ModMyI Staff
    Hello, sorry for using this post as a rant, I hope you don't see that I only have negative thoughts about the situation but I just expect a reply of somesort which I think that would be the simplest he can do. I do not want people to think bad nor think good of me. I am just a normal guy but currently frustrated at this. Well, anyway up to you guys if you want to delete this post or not but I am truly frustrated.
    Last edited by Zane; 08-24-2009 at 01:52 AM.

Thanks

Cool Other Side
    Just to give some voice from the other side of the spectrum... I had this problem, but it was with my gmail account because I had linked my iPhone and my wife's iPhone with it and then we changed to different iPhones a few times due to poor battery, upgrading to 3gS, etc. So, I emailed Jay and he responded within about 6 hours. It took about 4 or 5 emails to fix my problem, but he said that, at the moment, he wasn't able to UNLINK devices from your account, but he did INCREASE my device limit (although he did not say by how many). In other words, he was extremely quick in responding and getting my problem resolved. This happened last weekend.

Hope it Helps,
    Fred
    "Failure is simply the opportunity to try again, this time more intelligently." -Henry Ford

Thanks

Sorry to hear that bro. He always responds to my emails within a day.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am in the same boat. I have sent several emails too. I sold an Iphone 2g for a 3GS and I am at the "infamous" device limit. I have emailed like 4 times and still to no avail.

Still no reply. Can anyone give me some advice please?

Thanks
    Last edited by abdulrahmanwells; 08-27-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast